Texas Fishing Forum

Dumb Question

Posted By: Buddy Evans

Dumb Question - 01/11/22 06:27 PM

I live on Whitney now & my wife wants me to move to an area where I would be close to Lake Palestine. Do yall have a pretty good hybrid crop out there ? What about the Whites ? I could drive to Tawakoni, which I feel is probably the best fishing, but it would be a long drive. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: Dumb Question - 01/11/22 07:00 PM

How close is close? What other things do you and your wife want or need? If you want sandbass and hybrids, Palestine or Cedar Creek lake will work.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Dumb Question - 01/11/22 07:39 PM

I usually go to Tawakoni from where I'm at. It's basically an hour and 45 minutes to Tawakoni, Cooper and Palestine for me. I usually go to Tawakoni because of the ability to catch hybrids or stripers. I haven't been to Palestine in over a year but it was really great fishing the last time I went. I'm actually going to fish it tomorrow.
Posted By: Buddy Evans

Re: Dumb Question - 01/11/22 07:46 PM

Not as close as I thought. Buffalo/Centerville area. RC probably the closest & I already know that one pretty good.
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: Dumb Question - 01/11/22 08:13 PM

You have Cedar Creek just north of RC. RC has a good sandbass population but I'm not sure about hybrids.
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: Dumb Question - 01/12/22 01:36 AM

There are hybrids in RC.
Posted By: Chris Richardson

Re: Dumb Question - 01/12/22 01:54 PM

Lake palestine has missed a lot of stockings and will struggle a few years, but for some reason hybrids grow exceptionally large. Great lake to land a DD. The white bass population has mostly recovered from the big mysterious kill a few years ago.

Richland Chambers and Cedar Creek are both solid hybrid fisheries with good numbers right now. Both are loaded with white bass as well.

You will be close to Lake Limestone. I've never fished that one, but think it has white bass.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum