Texas Fishing Forum

Plans to make a Tumper ?

Posted By: Palmerdale43

Plans to make a Tumper ? - 01/07/22 09:32 PM

Does anyone know where you can buy a set of plans to make a Tumper ? Thanks for your help
Posted By: Texoma Brandon

Re: Plans to make a Tumper ? - 01/07/22 09:35 PM

I tried to make one and spent about $60. Finding the proper motor that works without breaking the pieces involved is tricky. I looked at pictures and it was difficult to duplicate. It has to connect to the battery on your boat as well and it is not as easy to make as it might seem. That was my experience, I ended up spending the money ($300) and bought one online. I love it, it is worth the money, and it works!
Posted By: learnin to fish

Re: Plans to make a Tumper ? - 01/07/22 09:49 PM

If you aren’t very handy, you will be better off buying one. I built mine for about $150 but I had a remote control,etc for it. Ace Hardware and Amazon will be all you need. 1/2 plywood is what I built mine out of.

Google white bass thumper and you will get some good ideas. Thats what I did. I run mine all the time and its lasted about 5 years now without any repairs.

Thumpers help catch the fish!
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Plans to make a Tumper ? - 01/08/22 05:20 AM

We used to sell the plans but parts kept changing and there are very precise cuts required along with welding etc. we had several customers buy plans then end up buying thumpers so now we just sell thumpers.
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Plans to make a Tumper ? - 01/08/22 01:31 PM

If you need plans to make one of these, you’ll likely be happier buying one already made for a variety of reasons. Building gear takes away time on the water.
Posted By: Bucketlist

Re: Plans to make a Tumper ? - 01/08/22 02:01 PM

I built one a couple of years ago in the dead of winter and I posted this:
https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/13495494/re-thumping-options#Post13495494

Good Luck!
Posted By: gborg

Re: Plans to make a Tumper ? - 01/08/22 03:20 PM

I have done both, built one and purchased one. Pros and cons from both. More cons from the DIY side.
Posted By: TGalyon1

Re: Plans to make a Tumper ? - 01/09/22 02:43 PM

YouTube may be your friend
Posted By: Windbreaker

Re: Plans to make a Tumper ? - 01/14/22 03:49 AM

I just built my own and it works great. If your handy/mechanical, it will be a fun project. I used this video as my “set of plans”

https://youtu.be/rLc0pOJ3L4I
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum