Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Creek was tough but rewarding!

Posted By: Linc25

Cedar Creek was tough but rewarding! - 10/19/21 02:19 AM

Last weekend me, my dad, and my fishing partner Jake fished the Cedar Creek Veterans Foundation White Bass Tournament. We had a great time and were able to show our support to those who served our country like my dad, grandpa, and great grandpa. Fishing was tough and the wind was blowing hard. In several spots we found lots of fish on the graph but they wouldn't bite. We tried Mepps #4, #2, MAL, and even some slabs. We had to keep moving and we finally found some that would bite in a couple of spots. On one point in 18 FOW we got them to bite the new MAL with the white blade using the sawtooth method. On a main lake hump we found some in 8-12 FOW and they only wanted the Mepps #2. Overall we managed to find some 14 inchers and caught over 100 fish. Jake ended up in first place with 5 fish weighing about 6 1/2 pounds and had the big fish! Not bad for his first white bass tournament!

Lincoln

You can get the MAL at www.Whitebasstools.com

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Cedar Creek was tough but rewarding! - 10/19/21 03:24 AM

Awesome post. thumb
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Cedar Creek was tough but rewarding! - 10/19/21 12:54 PM

clap
Posted By: 4x4

Re: Cedar Creek was tough but rewarding! - 10/19/21 01:20 PM

Congratulations , job well done !!!!!
Posted By: DEWAYNE BULLARD

Re: Cedar Creek was tough but rewarding! - 10/19/21 08:50 PM

Nice job it was good seeing you guys again.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Cedar Creek was tough but rewarding! - 10/23/21 04:03 PM

Love it thumb
Posted By: gborg

Re: Cedar Creek was tough but rewarding! - 10/24/21 11:30 AM

Have not seen sandies with such clear and distinct markings in a long time. Nice fish. Congrats on the win.
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Cedar Creek was tough but rewarding! - 10/24/21 06:26 PM

Congrats ! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum