Texas Fishing Forum

Dangerous boating on Tawakoni

Posted By: Duece

Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/01/21 03:51 PM

There is a hot head guide working Tawakoni that uses his boat in dangerous & risky ways. I’m not going to name who at this time as there is a case building on him right now. He works for one of the bigger outfits there. Sunday I had a run in with him and he tried to ram me. He came up from behind and then aimed right into my side. We didn’t see him until he was on top of us. I was able to turn at the last minute and avoid boat contact, but he would have hit us hard and just missed me by 3 inches. This was accompanied with a cussing spree and threats of fighting. This was out of the blue, we had had no interaction before that moment.

It is a second degree felony, “aggravated assault with a deadly weapon” to ram a boat with a boat, his intent was proven with his word and threats. We have four witnesses, me and my buddy and the clients he carried that morning. Imagine paying a guide and he does that with you in the boat.

Please, if you see aggression on the lake get video of it. Get TX numbers, note the make, model, color of the boat and call the game warden right away. Report it. The lakes should only be safe and fun for everyone. And we sure as hell don’t need a “guide” running around harassing people, using his boat as a weapon. This BS needs to be stopped. The game wardens number for Tawakoni is 903-340-6786. Don’t hesitate to contact him if you see anything. Get the warden of your lakes phone number in your phone. Thanks, good fishin, be safe.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/01/21 04:37 PM

Why was he mad at you ? Just being shamelessly nosey

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/01/21 04:43 PM

No prior contact, out of the blue.
Posted By: prosise

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/01/21 05:28 PM

I have many videos of the village idiots on my home lake. But never seen or had an interaction like that. I always run a bodycam on the boat for video to share. Cheap insurance for the "he said, she said" nonsense. Strange hearing things like this, guess someone didn't fill that prescription they need. Report it, file charges is what I would do. Also, touch base with the game warden. As long as he didn't actually make contact steps it way down to witness testimony.b. Good luck.
Posted By: Ron Douthit

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/01/21 05:45 PM

It's possible you got into 'his' trolling lane without knowing it. Doesn't justify his reaction, just an observation for the possible trigger point.

One of the things I hate about this time of year is people trolling. I'm not saying they don't have the right to troll ... nor am I saying you don't have a case to be made against the guide. I'm just saying that it's easy for people to get pissed off that are trolling when someone pulls into 'their lane' and it's easy for me to get pissed when I'm spot locked and someone trolls 20 feet from my boat because they think they were trolling that spot first.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/01/21 08:50 PM

Isn't there only one "big guide" outfit on Twok?
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/01/21 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by TCK73
Isn't there only one "big guide" outfit on Twok?

thumb
Posted By: Fishboy Frank

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/02/21 05:22 AM

Hi Geoff. Seems like we all have had similar circumstances. Most Guides are not like that as we know. But there is always a bad apple. To me this trolling business is out of control. Guides all know that no one has priority on a public lake. But some think differently. My recent run ins are with trolling. Just because you are trolling. Does not mean you have right a way, or are entitled to, a pathway of water. Does not work like that. Especially if a boat is moored or anchored. To me this is a wake up call that needed to happen. Hope you get to the bottom of this.

Regards-

Frank.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/02/21 12:47 PM

Why would you not inform fellow TFF ers the guide and or his associate ??
Posted By: Skippy

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/02/21 02:01 PM

I had a run in with a guide there last summer. It was the usual trolling vs. fishing argument. I was in “his” lane but I could not get the fish to hit unless I got on top of them. So I did. He was unwilling to adjust his 300 yard lane by 20 feet to allow my 14 year old son and I to catch a few sandbass. He would literally troll less than a foot by my boat. After about six passes, he got mouthy. I know three or four of the main guides there and it wasn’t any of them. Earlier that day, a guide had helped put me on some fish so most of them are really good dudes. Bad apples.
Posted By: JWC Nauticstar

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/02/21 07:27 PM

"It is a second degree felony, “aggravated assault with a deadly weapon” to ram a boat with a boat, his intent was proven with his word and threats."

This could get a guide shot if he tried to ram the wrong boat. There's a quite a few boaters that are armed at all times. Sounds like he is a liability not an asset to the company he represents.
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/02/21 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by gborg
Why would you not inform fellow TFF ers the guide and or his associate ??

Maybe he wants more evidence to pile up on said person confused 3
Posted By: fishnwindsurf

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/02/21 08:13 PM

Have property on Tawakoni and on the lake often. Any guidance on the type of boat? Sterndrive, outboard, center console or Falcon bow console style? I assume there are a number of boaters prepared to defend themselves so he may assault someone that plays for keeps.
Posted By: PaulGrapevine

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/02/21 08:57 PM

Any of us that fish out there know what group you’re are talking about. I’ve seen them around and never had an issue with them. Will keep my go pro recording though.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/02/21 10:28 PM

Several of my buddies had run ins soap with this guide. Let the law handles this. Good luck, Duece. Sorry he ruined your fishing bad cry
Posted By: Coachzee

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/04/21 03:13 AM

Man that blows Duece! No need for that on the lake. Plenty big for all to fish. Hopefully this issue will get resolved for the better.
Posted By: BlueTuna

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/04/21 05:03 PM

Glad your ok Deuce. This is not the first time someone has had a run with a guide on this lake. Hopefully the Game Warden will investigate and step in before this guy threatens the wrong person.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/04/21 06:53 PM

I would still notify the Game Warden, explain your whole story, and give him all the details. Yours may not be the only report on file about this guide. Enough reports may be enough to have him investigated.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/05/21 12:52 AM

He trolled one foot from your boat ?

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/05/21 04:00 AM

Thanks guys. Questions are answered in the original post.
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/07/21 02:33 AM

I hope this comes to a good conclusion for you Duece.

Re: Dangerous boating on Tawakoni - 09/13/21 02:21 AM

It’s concluded. I talked to the warden, he talked to Littlejon and his guide ryan. At this point 3600 people have read this, some of them will take video and contact the warden on aggressive BS. The lake is more fun and safe for more people. Power on , catch more fish!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum