Texas Fishing Forum

No Luck on Palestine

Posted By: Aaron H

No Luck on Palestine - 08/12/21 02:48 PM

So I have had no luck the last 2 weeks on Palestine getting into any decent Hybrids or White bass. I have fished the bridge, dam and some points from the bridge to the dam.

What's the secret?
Posted By: enjoying retirement

Re: No Luck on Palestine - 08/12/21 08:34 PM

I was at Palestine yesterday pretty much fished the same locations we hit the lake about 8 am and came off around 12:30 saw nothing on top and did not get a bite. I pretty much new it was going to a no fish day as I only saw 5 boats that is including my boat all day. On the brite side came off of the lake in one piece and no damage to the boat!
Posted By: ATM97

Re: No Luck on Palestine - 08/13/21 12:55 AM

After having an awesome spring and early summer, I have caught one hybrid in my last four trips out there. After this last weekend I am officially done with them until October. Pretty depressing considering how good it sounds some of the other area lakes are fishing.
Posted By: Curly Dawg

Re: No Luck on Palestine - 08/13/21 01:48 AM

Same here. Palestine has again turned into the Dead Sea.
Just where do they go…
Posted By: Mo

Re: No Luck on Palestine - 08/16/21 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Curly Dawg
Same here. Palestine has again turned into the Dead Sea.
Just where do they go…

Good seeing you again on the lake , Yesterday. I went in about 2:30 with 21 of those old speckled fish. They don't pull like hybrids , but taste a lot better"

MO
Posted By: Curly Dawg

Re: No Luck on Palestine - 08/18/21 01:37 AM

Good to see you to cuz. I did catch one sand bass, but that’s not what I was looking for.
Posted By: martyk8

Re: No Luck on Palestine - 08/22/21 03:50 PM

I was out on the lake Monday and Tuesday last week and had the same results.. Even with live bait. Think I'm going to head back to the coast and get back to the Redfish.
Posted By: learnin to fish

Re: No Luck on Palestine - 08/22/21 05:53 PM

The same happened to Lake Waco in July and 1/2 way through August. With consistent weather this last week it finally straightened out. We had over 100 on the clicker today. I bet the weather is having lots to do with it, it will straighten out soon I would guess. Weather looks stable for this coming week, next weekend might be a different story.
Posted By: cliffshot

Re: No Luck on Palestine - 08/24/21 10:07 PM

Dennis C and I fished today from about 7:30---3:00. Caught over 100 big magnums on Mepp's # 4 & 2's. Had 5 legal Hybrids and lost one that broke Dennis off. Also had two drum, about 7--8 yellow bass, 2 perch, and 1 big crappie.

Most of the fish were caught on the 155 submerged bride pilings.

Great day when we had seen reports of fish hard to find and make bite. We left bridge with them biting and decided to see if we could find them on other structures. Found some but couldn't catch them like at the bridge. If we hadn't left bridge we probably would have caught our target of 153. But we came for the challenge.

Always great when you can meet the challenge.

God is good all the time.
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: No Luck on Palestine - 08/24/21 11:22 PM

My report moved to cliffshot's post "Great challenge day on Palestine"

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum