Texas Fishing Forum

**UPDATE** A record book epic trip on tawakoni. Ladies Man Ray has arrived!!!

Posted By: Coachzee

**UPDATE** A record book epic trip on tawakoni. Ladies Man Ray has arrived!!! - 08/01/21 11:46 PM

happybday
happybday

ScottyP and I teamed up Saturday for the annual ladies man Ray birthday bash. We fished from sun up till 4. We had 50 nice white bass by 11 am, not a bad start but we wanted the big fish…. We gave one more spot a try before we were gonna head in for lunch and a break from the 100 degree heat and little to no wind. Man are we glad we did. Slowed down the big motor and the graph was lit up instantly. We wacked stripers for about 30 minutes. The fish moved on so we graphed around for 15 mins and found them again. This time they stayed under us for 3.5 hours. We gave up after boating 115 stripers/hybrids!!!! 15 of those were huge hibbies and the rest stripers. A rig, bo blade, flutter spoon, apocalypto slab…. They all caught. We just jigged em up right under the boat in 30 FOW. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scotty P

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/01/21 11:56 PM

Epic day for sure! That lake is awesome! Only thing missing was Haak!!!
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/02/21 02:23 AM

Someone needed a golf glove. What a day! Getting on and staying on hybrids was what I long for,
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/02/21 02:48 AM

be there wednesday. cant wait!

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/02/21 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Dennis Christian
Someone needed a golf glove. What a day! Getting on and staying on hybrids was what I long for,

Cooper in september
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/02/21 02:57 AM

Great seeing you guys. Fastguy. Double D and I went out that Friday afternoon and found that big school. We landed 15 big ones and 8 big ones on Saturday. and caught 200 plus big sand bass the whole weekend.They never would stay put for us so it was search and catch and then search again. We went in for lunch right before you guys got on them and they stayed under you. Wish we would have stayed but we still did great. Great celebration of Ladies Man Ray's birthday. Food was great, Fishing was great and it was great to see all the gang.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/02/21 03:24 AM

Wow! Great pescado pics! thumb
Posted By: Coachzee

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/02/21 03:40 AM

Was good seeing you out there kieth fast guy and double D. That lake is amazing for sure!
Posted By: T Bird

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/02/21 12:18 PM

coolphotos thumb
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/02/21 01:27 PM

WOW! Wish I was out there with the gang cheers
A very excellent and unique lake. You can go for days and weeks without seeing strippers and then BAM they show up happy in numbers. Its Ray's 85 th so I had to say strippers woot
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/02/21 04:11 PM

Solid post and fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/02/21 04:25 PM

Awesome day I’d say! Friends Family and Fishing at its best cheers Will let Coachzee edit in our photo shots or will add a thread soon !! Still got a lot of fishing left on this birthday ‘week’ fish
Posted By: fastguy�

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/03/21 01:21 AM

Had a great time as usual, huge sand bass compared to Cedar Creek.
Great bunch of guys to hang around with,

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/03/21 04:02 AM

We bring out the good in tha neighborhood !!! Thanks coach for getting this epic TWOK thread going texas Another HUGE thank you to Teri and Micheal Littlejohn for putting us up ‘again’ in there awesome Open Water Lodge and Cabins!! Just a perfect spot to land with all of our favorite fishing buddies cheers second to none.
Celebrating 85 years of greatness this week and Ladiesman Ray hit 63 years of loyalty at his place of employment ta boot this year. Can’t thank the fellas enough that took time out of there busy lives to make this week a memorable one! Thank ya love ya !!!
We got down the cabins Friday afternoon and like last year our group did not wanna leave the porch popcorn Eventually we headed out Saturday around 7 and came on in round 11 … then headed back out at 3 with heads up from ScottyP Coachzee and rest is history….. here is just a few pics from our boat….
LadiesMan
[Linked Image]
Mix
[Linked Image]
Brad
[Linked Image]
Max
[Linked Image]
Whip
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And then repeat. And then repeat. breakdance Again thanks Coachzee for posting the YouTube video for more great captures of this birthday bash weekend !!!!!
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/03/21 12:56 PM

I wish I could have been there. I was getting updates all weekend and it looked like everyone was on big fish.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ray🎂🎂🎂
Posted By: prosise

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/03/21 03:34 PM

Mason saw this and would like to try and catch a striper. Never fished Tawakoni, any tips on areas to focus on would be greatly appreciated. Instant messages will work, or just reply. I can scan around, but this is a big lake. Also, anything that I should stay away from. Thinking about tomorrow or Thursday, or both. Little man is starting to get bored and has been itching for a good battle. Will need to put the kiddie 6lb test up for the day with one of these..

Anything shared with me will not be shared on the forum, I only share what I find.

Brent Prosise

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/03/21 03:54 PM

Those are epic pics, DrWhip

bow_down
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/03/21 07:32 PM

Really sorry I had to miss it
Looks like an amazing time
85 yrs young ladiesman!

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/04/21 06:51 PM

[Linked Image]

wohoo found em where yall left em. these are big hybrids and stripers

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/07/21 12:50 AM

And the party continues on …… Fastguy George showing off his mad skills taz
Another beautiful Lake Tawakoni striper on a lil Wednesday action !!
[Linked Image]

Double Dee, Dad and I hit ole Hubbard midday today Friday with some good fights ….
David
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Happy Happy Ray
[Linked Image]

Capped it off with some cold beverages and a little lemon pepper popcorn2
[Linked Image]

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/07/21 05:04 PM

Alrighty the Ray's shark week is still on fire cheers thumb

Glad to see yall putting DD on good fish as well. Wear that hat, gloves, long sleeve and protect that sensitive skin, DD wink

I took advantage of Ray's good vibe and Twok late yesterday for acouple of hrs and caught some monster strippers that I will add you this thread before Ray's week ends LOL

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Slick Rick ‘06

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/08/21 05:55 PM

What a trip! Thanks for posting. Happy birthday.

Re: A record book epic trip on tawakoni - 08/15/21 06:26 AM

[Linked Image]

Ladiesman Ray still at it on ole Mother Hubbard giving it up wife Caught a few good hybrids mid day mid lake on slabs with several nice sandies mixed in on a beautiful Friday ….. light winds high clouds with our umbrellas spread out we should’ve stayed longer but the lil un’s had soccer duty coach Get those kiddos and dads out on any of these north Texas lakes we have and grab tha net !!!!!

And a shout out to Rockwall Marine for the quick and efficient routine 100 hour service on the Yamaha outboard engine ….. cheers fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum