Texas Fishing Forum

Bait tank pk

Posted By: Gix750

Bait tank pk - 06/09/21 10:35 PM

Does anyone sell bait tanks around pk?
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Bait tank pk - 06/10/21 02:14 AM

Possum Kingdom Tackle used to sell them I think, but I don't recall the brand name. It was a few years ago before they moved when I saw them.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Bait tank pk - 06/10/21 10:22 PM

If you buy a bait tank, make sure it contains a charcoal or zeolite filter. Those tanks at Cabelas are worthless. You can aerate all you want but it's the Ammonia from the shad pee and poo that causes all the issues. I think TCK73 is right that PK tackle carries tanks. Just make sure they have a filter.
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Bait tank pk - 06/10/21 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by PKfishin
If you buy a bait tank, make sure it contains a charcoal or zeolite filter. Those tanks at Cabelas are worthless. You can aerate all you want but it's the Ammonia from the shad pee and poo that causes all the issues. I think TCK73 is right that PK tackle carries tanks. Just make sure they have a filter.

Yep, if it's for shad, aeration, and filtration are a must. Having a current also helps a lot. I use a 17 gallon Grayline. Keeps them alive for days, if I need it to. If you're keeping them in it for more than a single day, make sure you clean the filtration, and do a partial water exchange.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Bait tank pk - 06/11/21 02:38 PM

I have a 17 Gallon Grayline as well. It will keep 5-6 dozen 4-5 inch threadfins all day. After they have been in the tank for an hour turn off the power, pop the top and clean the filters. They will be totally clogged with shad funk.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum