Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Hubbard

Posted By: eleanor

Ray Hubbard - 05/24/21 11:16 PM

What has happened to Lake Ray Hubbard? Though I no longer live in Rowlett, nor have a boat, I often drive by the lake. Rarely do I see any boats on the lake. Has all the construction degraded the lake? Is it just being ignored? Just wondering.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Ray Hubbard - 05/24/21 11:54 PM

Still catching fish and big fish. A lot of pleasure boaters out with the warm weather.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Ray Hubbard - 05/25/21 01:27 AM

I don't fish Hubbard much any more even though I am 15 minutes from the Heath ramp. I would rather drive 15 minutes longer to Tawok. The hybrids in Hubbard seem to run in cycles. Ramp situation really sucks thanks to Rowlett. It was not great before Rowlett screwed it up. Last time at the Rockwall ramp I noticed they put up some signage stated that large parking slots are for trailers only. Not sure it is working.
Posted By: ssfireman

Re: Ray Hubbard - 05/25/21 02:24 PM

THey took out all the good ramp for the public . Now that the weather is getting better the idiots are coming out more
Posted By: Sandblaster

Re: Ray Hubbard - 05/26/21 01:50 AM

Elanor I have asked that question to so many people over the last 6 years. I use to have my boat at Bayview Marina (which is called something different now) from 2011 to about 2016. From like 2011 until about 2013 I use to see so many people fishing for sandbass, I use to see the "boat shows" every Saturday and Sunday. Seems like there were more guides on that lake back then. Back then on the white bass section I use to always see lots of people posting stuff about Ray Hubbard, a lot of times the same people over and over again. I think there are a few people who fished back then that still fish Ray Hubbard but I guess they just don't post much stuff, seems like everyone uses Facebook now days instead of TFF. I know from my experience after about 2014 for me the fishing wasn't as good, I don't know why but I just didn't catch as many limits. Back in 2011/2012 I limited out so many times.
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Ray Hubbard - 05/26/21 09:41 PM

Around 2015 they stopped having their annual white bass tournaments.. Those tournaments brought a lot of interest to the lake - drew me there and others from Cedar Creek Lake. The Hubbard regulars I know seem to be going to Tawakoni instead.
Posted By: Coachzee

Re: Ray Hubbard - 05/27/21 05:43 PM

shhhhhh no more fish in hubbard...best to try other lakes... bolt
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Ray Hubbard - 05/27/21 06:20 PM

It's not just Hubbard. You don't see hardly any reports from Eagle Mountain, Benbrook, Limestone, Palestine, Ray Roberts, Lavon, Cooper, Joe Pool, and Grandbury..
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Ray Hubbard - 05/27/21 10:41 PM

Everyone is now on Facebook
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: Ray Hubbard - 05/27/21 11:02 PM

Not me. You go on facebook and everyone in the world is looking.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Ray Hubbard - 05/28/21 04:33 PM

Hubbard is still a good lake. Hybrids are just harder to find but you can still catch em. We have a good fishing club with a bunch of great down to earth guys and gals and were opened to all and we share info within our friendship. No Facebook needed. Just ask cuz we got lazy of posting lol.

For me, I got old and lazy and i realized that i am mortal so I decided to learn/fish other lakes more before my time or my health expires lol. So been going to bigT and now mostly Twok. Both are excellent lakes as well, but just like any new body of waters, i need to put in the time to study it. I went yesterday... Twok has been dam good but I am too lazy to post grin
Posted By: RedSled13

Re: Ray Hubbard - 06/04/21 02:53 AM

There are no fish in Ray Hubbard, I hear Lavon and and Fork are great right now everything is biting
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Ray Hubbard - 06/05/21 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by SeaPro-Todd
Hubbard is still a good lake. Hybrids are just harder to find but you can still catch em. We have a good fishing club with a bunch of great down to earth guys and gals and were opened to all and we share info within our friendship. No Facebook needed. Just ask cuz we got lazy of posting lol.

For me, I got old and lazy and i realized that i am mortal so I decided to learn/fish other lakes more before my time or my health expires lol. So been going to bigT and now mostly Twok. Both are excellent lakes as well, but just like any new body of waters, i need to put in the time to study it. I went yesterday... Twok has been dam good but I am too lazy to post grin

Twok was not kind to us early yesterday. Tons of bait in 30 to 35' of water. Fish too but they just were not biting early. Fish are normally not that deep this time of the year. Guides were struggling too. I Fish mainly live bait but fish wanted more action. We hit 20 to 22' of water at noon and fish were hitting just about any color slab or spinner. They were hitting bait too but it had to be moving.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Ray Hubbard - 06/05/21 03:02 PM

This was yesterday from a buddy. Yeah most of the fun work is figuring out what the fish want. Spinner has worked the best for me for numbers. I don't mess with baits.

[Linked Image]

I monitor the water temp. Yes the fish are still deeper than normal. Good observation there thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum