Texas Fishing Forum

Fish finder for pontoon

Posted By: Allfish

Fish finder for pontoon - 05/12/21 08:27 PM

I bought a pontoon boat and I’m looking for suggestions on a fish finder with gps. I was zeroing in on the Helix 5 but there seems to be a lot of negative reviews. I’ve had Humminbirds since the days of Flashers on up and have never had trouble with one of them. Your thoughts please. Go with the Helix, or is there a better option out there? I have limited console space but I’ll put a Ram mount in to help.
Posted By: Whistlebritches

Re: Fish finder for pontoon - 05/13/21 01:35 AM

I have a Helix7 mega si/di/chirp g3 that I am extreme!y pleased with.........I like the Hbirds
Posted By: prosise

Re: Fish finder for pontoon - 05/13/21 02:33 AM

No brainer, but get a bigger screen.. go with the mega side imagine.. Helix is good unit, have the 12 and love it.
Posted By: pjeffrey

Re: Fish finder for pontoon - 05/22/21 03:12 AM

My pontoon has a Helix 5 in the console dash and a 10 with sonar/down imaging on a ram mount. I rarely use the 5. Too small to see for me but the 10 is incredible.
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Fish finder for pontoon - 05/24/21 03:23 AM

If you plan on using it find fish, don't buy anything smaller than a 9 inch. By the time you get multiple screens going, anything else is very difficult to see the fish on. I have a Lowrance Elite TI2 12 inch on mine, and love it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum