Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni White Bass Everywhere!

Posted By: Southtxangler22

Tawakoni White Bass Everywhere! - 05/02/21 12:13 AM

I launched at 2 mile bridge and noticed everyone running to the bridge. Saw a few fish get caught but nothing crazy really. I moved on to cloud point in 28-30ft. Lots of bait but no fish. Ran to the south East part of the lake and found them in 24ft. Caught a limit of white bass pretty easy there. Just dropping a chartreuse slab and jigging it. Went back up to cloud point in 20ft and found bigger white bass. Dropped a live Shad on a different rod and reel and boom. Just lucky timing. A 9lb striper ate and put up an awesome fight! Pretty awesome day for me. Not sure on total number caught but it was a bunch.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Tawakoni White Bass Everywhere! - 05/02/21 12:43 AM

Nice bonus fish! clap
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Tawakoni White Bass Everywhere! - 05/02/21 01:39 AM

Cool thanks! cheers
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Tawakoni White Bass Everywhere! - 05/02/21 02:06 AM

Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Tawakoni White Bass Everywhere! - 05/02/21 09:30 AM

That is a great Striper for Tawakoni. Congrats.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Tawakoni White Bass Everywhere! - 05/02/21 01:52 PM

Thanks for the adrenaline rush !
Posted By: FishWrangler2

Re: Tawakoni White Bass Everywhere! - 05/03/21 03:01 AM

Well, shoot! Guess we hit the wrong side of the lake. We worked west and only found some scattered working shad late. All pretty small.
Posted By: Slick Rick ‘06

Re: Tawakoni White Bass Everywhere! - 05/05/21 03:53 AM

Great Striper! Go fish where the fish are. I am definitely planning a trip there soon.
Posted By: Double Row

Re: Tawakoni White Bass Everywhere! - 05/07/21 02:53 PM

I launched at the west end of the 2 mile bridge yesterday and worked the Greenville pump station and around the 2 mile bridge. I caught 1 catfish, 1 drum, 1 crappie, 1 yellow bass and about 5 small sand bass. It sounds like I should have tried southeast. Congratulations.
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Tawakoni White Bass Everywhere! - 05/07/21 02:57 PM

Fish tacos! banana
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum