Texas Fishing Forum

Wind out of the east, fish bite the least

Posted By: mickeytfc

Wind out of the east, fish bite the least - 04/15/21 11:07 PM

Well, fortunately, this old saying was not true today on Lake Lewisville. I needed to get out on the water! Even though the conditions were not ideal this morning, they were better than they are going to be tomorrow. Hit the water about 8:30 AM, wind out of the east, northeast at 13, pretty bumpy. Hoped to find some birds working like I've been hearing about and like was going around this time last year.

Well, there were hundreds birds from Deadmans to Lake Park over to Sneaky Pete's hump, all with fish under them. MAL Lures (Mepps) from Holding the Line and Two Timers (slab and thump buddy) from Constant Pursuit were the lures of choice today. Those will be my go to's for the CAST for KIDS event at Joe Pool Lake this weekend, hopefully get those folks on some white bass.

Ya'll enjoy your weekend!
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Wind out of the east, fish bite the least - 04/16/21 01:36 AM

[align:right][/align]I always say wind out of the East and you will catch a beast east wind usually means low pressure and lots of action it’s that high pressure West wind that sometimes throws you a curve ball :-) always great to have success!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Wind out of the east, fish bite the least - 04/16/21 02:28 AM

Nice post. Glad you caught some fish. thumb
Posted By: 1 link stringer

Re: Wind out of the east, fish bite the least - 04/17/21 06:13 PM

I was told by a feller older than me, that when you see airplane vapor trails way up high, that is a good fishing day.
Posted By: Tread

Re: Wind out of the east, fish bite the least - 04/19/21 04:04 PM

Guess I've always had it wrong. I thought that it went "wind from the east... damn them fish gonna feast".
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: Wind out of the east, fish bite the least - 04/19/21 04:13 PM

If the cows are laying down:
Turnaround.
Posted By: mickeytfc

Re: Wind out of the east, fish bite the least - 04/19/21 08:43 PM

I'm liking Chris and Tread's theories much better than that old saying I'd heard. I always thought it was unfair the east was getting such a bad rap, ha!
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Wind out of the east, fish bite the least - 04/20/21 03:23 AM

Nice report. If you have a chance to go fishing then go. The fish will let you know if they are going to bite. I have caught them in pretty much all conditions. hooked
Posted By: gborg

Re: Wind out of the east, fish bite the least - 04/20/21 12:09 PM

Wow , con-trails being added to a growing list of reasons to fish or not fish !!
Wildlife behavior has always been a key indicator . Barometric pressure changes as well .
Posted By: fishnrocks

Re: Wind out of the east, fish bite the least - 04/22/21 07:13 AM

Always heard east is a beast, west is the best. And ever since my dad told me about if cows are laying down then turn around. To this day every time I pass a cow pasture I look to see if they are on their feet or not.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum