Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni Sand Bass 🔥

Posted By: Southtxangler22

Tawakoni Sand Bass 🔥 - 04/12/21 02:38 AM

First trip looking for Sand Bass last weekend was great! First stop, we started catching nothing but 15-17” sand bass! Did that for about an hour and realized my boat was taking on water. Found out later my drain hose from the livewell was split in half almost. Got it fixed this week and couldn’t wait to get back today. We found fish on a different point but were tight to the bottom. 1oz spoons bouncing off the bottom would get them fired up and biting! Most fish kept were 11-12” fish. I wanted to go look for bigger fish but just couldn’t make myself leave feeding fish. Fish are pretty much everywhere right now on structure. Tawakoni is fishing great!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Tawakoni Sand Bass 🔥 - 04/12/21 02:58 AM

Solid post and solid fish. Good job! thumb
Posted By: Luke57

Re: Tawakoni Sand Bass 🔥 - 04/12/21 08:58 AM

Nice looking fish
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Tawakoni Sand Bass 🔥 - 04/12/21 09:39 AM

Good to know they are back and biting in the main lake there. Going to make a trip there real soon.

Re: Tawakoni Sand Bass 🔥 - 04/13/21 02:57 AM

Yea I’ve been finding them on most of the popular points. When several boats eased up and turned on their splashes we noticed the fish thinning out under our boat. We made a little run to check other similar points and depths and they were there also.
Posted By: Slick Rick ‘06

Re: Tawakoni Sand Bass 🔥 - 04/13/21 06:04 PM

This is a motivational post right here!! I have plans to go try Tawakoni in May. Leave some big ones for the rest of us! Nice job on those mondos.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Tawakoni Sand Bass 🔥 - 04/14/21 12:07 AM

Well done. thumb
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Tawakoni Sand Bass 🔥 - 04/14/21 01:28 PM

Tawak is alot different then your old stomping grounds of Canyon isn't it wink

Canyon has been doing a good job of making me burn alot of fuel and alot more looking rather than fishing lately

Re: Tawakoni Sand Bass 🔥 - 04/14/21 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Holzer
Tawak is alot different then your old stomping grounds of Canyon isn't it wink

Canyon has been doing a good job of making me burn alot of fuel and alot more looking rather than fishing lately

Much Different! Just so much bigger. So many more places to look. However Canyon Lake patterns are unlike any other lake. I miss chasing those fish at Canyon. I do remember days of driving around looking for several hours and only catching for like 30 mins lol. It can be tough. Tawakoni has been good to me lately.
Posted By: JONBOATTAWAKONI

Re: Tawakoni Sand Bass 🔥 - 04/14/21 11:55 PM

Thats good to see will be there this weekend
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum