Texas Fishing Forum

Amon Carter Whites

Posted By: imdgordo

Amon Carter Whites - 03/30/21 12:30 AM

Anyone in here do much fishing on amon carter? Im Planning on giving it a go this upcoming weekend. Any advice would be nice.
Thanks
Posted By: Windbreaker

Re: Amon Carter Whites - 03/30/21 01:46 AM

I would be curious to know how you do. I live up by Wichita Falls and am considering fishing this lake for whites as well. My only concern would be that the fish might still be in the creeks and not back to main lake yet.
Posted By: imdgordo

Re: Amon Carter Whites - 04/02/21 02:27 AM

I know last summer they were hitting surface pretty much all day on that stumpy side of the lake. I was curious if anyone else had been out on that lake. I live in fort worth and my family is in Burkburnett so its like a nice midway point for us to go fishing or playing on the lake. Its a very quiet lake for the most part so its enjoyable to be on. I'll let you know how we do, we will probably crappie and search around for any white bass activity.
Posted By: Superfluke

Re: Amon Carter Whites - 04/09/21 05:19 PM

I've found them schooling around the tunnel right at daybreak but they dont stay up long and are super finicky and hard to catch. Never been able to figure out where they go once the sun comes up. hammer
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum