Texas Fishing Forum

Denton Creek

Posted By: warrick

Denton Creek - 03/28/21 02:49 AM

We launched our kayaks at 35b and went down to 377. It was a beautiful day. We got into a few sandies.
I was hoping to see the game warden down there today checking for undersized fish. We saw so many people keeping clearly undersized fish.
Thank the good Lord for such a good day.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Denton Creek - 03/28/21 12:55 PM

Yup! Post like these don't help either. Next time call the warden. Their numbers are listed online
Posted By: TritonRob

Re: Denton Creek - 03/28/21 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
Yup! Post like these don't help either. Next time call the warden. Their numbers are listed online

I agree! Nothing pisses me off worse than someone that just can't follow the damn rules. These are usually the same people that also leave trash everywhere...
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Denton Creek - 03/28/21 01:38 PM

Wardens won’t show up
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Denton Creek - 03/28/21 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ledeez
Wardens won’t show up

At least by calling you have done all you can. Going by it and just complaining doesn't do anything at all
Posted By: fonzie_r0cks

Re: Denton Creek - 03/28/21 03:22 PM

I went out there yesterday, me my son and brothers. We had a great time caught a few not a whole lot we didn’t keep any. My son picked up a few fossils. We took a 5 gal bucket with us and filled it with trashed water bottles and cans.
Posted By: eagle 2

Re: Denton Creek - 03/29/21 12:20 AM

Fished this am all keepers but one east of 377, everyone behaving, Saw a couple of Nutria and a Turkey, shad every where. Size was down, creek up a foot maybe more from last week.
Posted By: CDS

Re: Denton Creek - 04/03/21 10:50 AM

I tend to disagree about wardens not showing. I have called the wardens a three times and they were Johnny on the spot. One time a guy was keeping undersize black bass and crappie he was catching in a cast net. Another time I came up on a guy dragging a deer out of a field in the middle of the night he had shot from the road. The last time I called them was last spring. We were wearing out the white bass during the run. This guy fishing close to me starts bragging about how he hasn't bought a license in years, and that only a stupid person would waste money on a license. Then he took a limit of fish to his car and came back down to catch more. That was the icing on the cake. The rest of his day didn't go so well. If you catch somebody in the act and call the wardens they will come running if they are a reasonable distance from you.
Posted By: swellcat

Re: Denton Creek - 04/11/21 12:22 PM

We took a 5 gal bucket with us and filled it with trashed water bottles and cans.

That's some fine citizenship. Thank you.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum