Texas Fishing Forum

Sandies on Lake Worth

Posted By: Dropshottin

Sandies on Lake Worth - 03/08/21 01:12 AM

I keep hearing people talk about Sand Bass on Lake worth, but can never find them... Not eating them, just want something for the babies to catch to keep them interested. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Sandies on Lake Worth - 03/08/21 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Dropshottin
I keep hearing people talk about Sand Bass on Lake worth, but can never find them... Not eating them, just want something for the babies to catch to keep them interested. Any help would be appreciated.

Typically, if you put in at the 820 ramp, take a right. In front of the docks, when the water gets over ten foot deep, all the way down to the end of that point, right before the turn to 199. At night in the warmer months, there is a one of those docks that has green lights underwater. They swarm that one dock. There are also some humps in the middle that hold them. But, if the water temp there is anything like the Brazos is, they'll all probably be running back up the inlet to the nature center to spawn. It's on like Donkey Kong, on the Brazos.
Posted By: Dropshottin

Re: Sandies on Lake Worth - 03/08/21 03:19 AM

Thanks for the info... I have never been out to the Brazos.. but I want to target sandies more this year so I can get decent at finding them for my daughters.. hard to keep them interested with bass... as the bites aren't as frequent.

Re: Sandies on Lake Worth - 03/08/21 03:20 AM

Thanks for the info... I have never been out to the Brazos.. but I want to target sandies more this year so I can get decent at finding them for my daughters.. hard to keep them interested with bass... as the bites aren't as frequent.

We literally had a pole go down, every time we got one of the other lines back in the water today, on the Brazos. Several times we doubled up. Had a blast.
Posted By: Windbreaker

Re: Sandies on Lake Worth - 03/08/21 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by z289sec

Typically, if you put in at the 820 ramp, take a right. In front of the docks, when the water gets over ten foot deep, all the way down to the end of that point, right before the turn to 199. At night in the warmer months, there is a one of those docks that has green lights underwater. They swarm that one dock. There are also some humps in the middle that hold them. But, if the water temp there is anything like the Brazos is, they'll all probably be running back up the inlet to the nature center to spawn. It's on like Donkey Kong, on the Brazos.

What part of the brazos are you fishing? Is it bank fishing like most creeks or are you getting them from a boat?

Re: Sandies on Lake Worth - 03/08/21 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Windbreaker
Originally Posted by z289sec

What part of the brazos are you fishing? Is it bank fishing like most creeks or are you getting them from a boat?

Today, we were in a boat between Tin Top ramp, and the first bend towards Granbury 10-12 foot is where the fish were.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum