Texas Fishing Forum

Choke Canyon - Frio

Posted By: Richard G

Choke Canyon - Frio - 02/11/21 05:57 PM

Fished above 99 bridge this past Monday and had a really slow day. Fished from the bridge to about a mile past San Miguel trolling rattle traps and Rapala Shad Raps. Only caught 7 white bass. 6 females and one male. I never did mark bait or fish while trolling. As reported before, the river is really low. Bumped a lot of stumps, even got hung up a couple of times and had to "wiggle" off of them. This time last year we got our 50 fish by 11am so I was very surprised by this trip. So now I'm wondering, did I miss the run, or has it not happened yet, or will it not happen up river because of the low flow of the river? Any thoughts?

Richard
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Choke Canyon - Frio - 02/12/21 12:37 AM

There’s a guide on YouTube, OCD fishing. I don’t watch all his shows but the ones I have he’s not doing too good. Looks like a hard way to make a living catching 10-20 whites. Hell, you can do that on the main lake with a little graphing.
Posted By: MathisFisherman

Re: Choke Canyon - Frio - 02/12/21 12:59 PM

The white bass run on the Frio as well as the Nueces have been extremely slow due to very low river flow. Some white bass will spawn on wind swept shores on the main lake. Some will not spawn at all. Just pray for rain to get the area lakes up and then next year may be good. This year will be a bust.
Posted By: Kent67

Re: Choke Canyon - Frio - 02/14/21 01:45 AM

Has there been action at Airport Park?
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Choke Canyon - Frio - 02/22/21 04:05 PM

Last month there were alot of pictures and post on 210 fishing. Not so much this month.
So the "run" may be on the tail end if not done.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum