Texas Fishing Forum

Brazos River White Bass Above Possum Kingdom

Posted By: Osbornfishing

Brazos River White Bass Above Possum Kingdom - 02/01/21 03:32 AM

Does anybody know how far the white bass run up the Brazos River toward Graham?
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Brazos River White Bass Above Possum Kingdom - 02/01/21 03:59 PM

No, but that river is very dangerous for boats above the lake. A couple years ago a guide got his boat stuck on a sand bar and had to get towed. Back then, shad were tough to find in the lake as we had a lot of stripers. They existed in big schools at the top of the lake in the muddy water and were up the brazos. He went up there and got stuck. It silts up real bad and changes dramatically every year.

If you go up there you better be in a small boat with a very shallow draft. Not much cell coverage up there. it might be a long walk out.
Posted By: captaincam3

Re: Brazos River White Bass Above Possum Kingdom - 02/01/21 05:21 PM

there is pollen up there too
Posted By: mikereils5er

Re: Brazos River White Bass Above Possum Kingdom - 02/01/21 07:09 PM

Lots of pigs
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Brazos River White Bass Above Possum Kingdom - 02/01/21 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by captaincam3
there is pollen up there too

roflmao
I remember that!
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Brazos River White Bass Above Possum Kingdom - 02/02/21 04:01 PM

Cedar Pollen is no joke if you are allergic. Check out this picture I took one day from my balcony. That is not rain, it's cedar pollen. Good ole Texas Cedar Fever.

[Linked Image]

Re: Brazos River White Bass Above Possum Kingdom - 02/03/21 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by PKfishin
No, but that river is very dangerous for boats above the lake. A couple years ago a guide got his boat stuck on a sand bar and had to get towed. Back then, shad were tough to find in the lake as we had a lot of stripers. They existed in big schools at the top of the lake in the muddy water and were up the brazos. He went up there and got stuck. It silts up real bad and changes dramatically every year.

If you go up there you better be in a small boat with a very shallow draft. Not much cell coverage up there. it might be a long walk out.

Do you know how far up the river the guide was able to go?
Posted By: RANDY WOOD

Re: Brazos River White Bass Above Possum Kingdom - 02/07/21 03:50 PM

They can go further than you can reach by boat. With the right boat you might be able to get to Bunger Bridge.
The place you should ask how to navigate the Brazos above PK is the catfish forum.
The catfisherman run it often.
Posted By: EB Lane

Re: Brazos River White Bass Above Possum Kingdom - 02/15/21 05:18 PM

the dam at Eliasvile on clear fork. Have fished and caught sandies there a few year ago

Re: Brazos River White Bass Above Possum Kingdom - 02/15/21 06:18 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I had heard reports that they would go all the way up to near Newcastle. But that seems like a pretty long run up.
Posted By: captaincam3

Re: Brazos River White Bass Above Possum Kingdom - 02/16/21 04:27 PM

I've caught them North of the 79 Bridge in Elbert at a buddies property. Of course all the conditions were right.

Re: Brazos River White Bass Above Possum Kingdom - 02/17/21 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by captaincam3
I've caught them North of the 79 Bridge in Elbert at a buddies property. Of course all the conditions were right.

Now that is a run upstream roflmao That is the type of information I was looking for. Thank you very much.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum