Texas Fishing Forum

Foggy Canyon Lake 12/13

Posted By: Holzer

Foggy Canyon Lake 12/13 - 12/15/20 04:22 PM

Went out to Canyon early Sunday morning for more tinkering with new electronics.
It was so foggy that without navigation electronics, you didn't know left, right, up, down, etc.
I did try to fish a little, but never really found anything worth fishing for. Off the water at 12 noon and at that time, the fog just started to lift.

Haven't figured out how to get this short video to post like a pic. So far, as good as I can do is a link.
A quick snap shot of navigating around 10 a.m. It was worse in the earlier hours.

https://imgur.com/a/DiSpEuM
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Foggy Canyon Lake 12/13 - 12/15/20 08:48 PM

OMG Stay Safe!
Posted By: TomRom

Re: Foggy Canyon Lake 12/13 - 12/16/20 12:00 AM

Boy fog that thick would definitely have me in an idle only mode following the shore line.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Foggy Canyon Lake 12/13 - 12/16/20 01:41 PM

Don't think I have been on the water with fog that intense . Have been fishing lakes in the south since 1969.
Posted By: mwfishin

Re: Foggy Canyon Lake 12/13 - 12/16/20 01:49 PM

I have been on squaw creek a couple times, when I know visibility wasn't more than 30 feet. It is scary.
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Foggy Canyon Lake 12/13 - 12/16/20 02:18 PM

There's another time I remember being on a lake with fog that thick. It was on Texoma years ago.
What I remember the most was after parking the truck, I stepped into the boat, untied and just pushed the boat away from the dock.
Guessing maybe a minute or two to put the rope away, turn on the electronics, put a life jacket on, etc. Then I looked up and I had no idea where the ramp was or what direction was the lake.
This last Sunday Canyon wasn't as bad as that day on Texoma, but it was a close 2nd.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum