Texas Fishing Forum

THUMPONATOR Iphone remote. looking for comments

Posted By: Fonso

THUMPONATOR Iphone remote. looking for comments - 11/22/20 11:48 PM

Would an Iphone remote control for the THUMPONATOR be a worthwhile addition?

https://youtu.be/wv2Y0wWjWmo
Posted By: RBDavis3591

Re: THUMPONATOR Iphone remote. looking for comments - 11/23/20 12:01 AM

In my opinion yes so that more than one person can control it.

I fish with a partner and while a THUMPONATOR might be physically located near one person the capability of a second person being able to also control it would make it worthwhile in my opinion.

Once you have the THUMPONATOR with phone remote working let me know and I will be your first customer.

Only question. You mention iPhone but from what I saw on your video it should work with almost any phone.
Posted By: Cast

Re: THUMPONATOR Iphone remote. looking for comments - 11/23/20 02:07 AM

WiFi or Bluetooth?
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: THUMPONATOR Iphone remote. looking for comments - 11/23/20 01:49 PM

I have one of your 'Thumpers' and for just me and my wife in the boat I dont see a need for a Iphone remote...
but if I was a guide, and had 2-3 customers, or if I had my grandkids fishing with me I'm sure a remote would
be a great addition. Nice work !! jim

fish
` hooked
Posted By: Fonso

Re: THUMPONATOR Iphone remote. looking for comments - 11/24/20 12:08 AM

@Cast
Its a WIFI connection. (Bluetooth would require and app, while with WIFI i can use the builtin web browsers.)

@RBDavis3591
Eventually it will work with any smartphone since the THUMPONATOR is basically acting as a WebServer sending dynamic content.
What im finding out, is that IOS and Android handle wifi connections differently, and even each IOS version has had its own nuances.
Next comes Android, and then a way to update the code when needed from a PC connected to the THUMPONATOR over WiFi
Posted By: RBDavis3591

Re: THUMPONATOR Iphone remote. looking for comments - 11/24/20 01:50 PM

Thanks for the information. My partner has an iPhone and I have an Android so we are covered either way. Let me know when you start selling this version so I can order one.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum