Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma and piles of fish.

Posted By: Southern Wind

Texoma and piles of fish. - 11/22/20 03:54 PM

This lake continues to pump out limits day in and day out. This weekend was no exception. I did a little looking around to find some new areas on Friday and the problem I had was about everywhere I stopped fish were all over us. Made it kinda difficult to decide where to start my clients on Saturday morning. And wouldn't you know the spot I picked had only a few scattered fish showing on the graph that morning when I pulled up. To say the least that changed rapidly once I turned on the thumper. We went from an almost blank screen to fish 15' thick under us in a matter of minutes. We dropped lines at about 7:00am and I pulled them off the school at 7:30 within a few of their limit to go chase big fish. The evening bite was no different. Again I went to a ledge off a big flat that I had marked a large school on Friday and again not much on the graph but scattered here and there on side scan. I spot locked on the break line and kicked on the thumper and it was game on once again. Took us about an hour and a half to put a three man limit in the boat with a couple nice overs. We caught and released a few moved around a bit and caught a few more before calling an evening. Most fish were still on bait but I did catch some decent overs on Friday on dead stick but it is just not consistent enough yet to count on, but its coming. All and all a great time with great people. If you want in on the action give Southern Wind a call and we'll put you on the fish! (580) 320-8476.

Attached picture IMG_3168.jpg
Attached picture 20201121_153331.jpg
Attached picture 20201121_111352.jpg
Attached picture 20201120_134359.jpg
Attached picture 20201120_134210.jpg
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Texoma and piles of fish. - 11/22/20 04:19 PM

Way to go Josh! I was headed north to meet up with you but ran into fish right away! They were super responsive to thumpers yesterday!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Texoma and piles of fish. - 11/22/20 04:52 PM

Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum