Texas Fishing Forum

RC sandbass

Posted By: Billit

RC sandbass - 11/03/20 05:36 PM

Have the sandbass started showing up yet on RC. It’s about time of year that they either do or don’t begin fall patterns. Trying to plan a trip this weekend and would like to hear any feedback from fellow RC fishermen. Thanks in advance for feedback.
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: RC sandbass - 11/04/20 04:56 AM

I was there over the weekend and found good concentrations of sandbass in 12 to 18 fow at several spots near the old submerged airport and also on the point just south of the HWY 287 bridge on the west side. Also found some on a point north of the bridge on the east side.

Re: RC sandbass - 11/04/20 02:50 PM

Thanks Dennis we’re you using your Mepps technique? We’re the fish aggressive or picky. Glad to hear that there are some concentrations showing up. If you have any other trips this week I would love to hear how your day went. Thanks for the feedback. The area north of the bridge is it the White House area?
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: RC sandbass - 11/05/20 03:37 AM

Yes, used Mepps and they took it readily. Not familiar with the White House area. That is the only trip there until next year. Went on Cedar Creek today and caught 123 sandies.
Posted By: Windbreaker

Re: RC sandbass - 11/06/20 03:34 AM

Yes...north of the 287 bridge on the east side of the lake is where the White House is and some people refer to it as White House point.

Re: RC sandbass - 11/06/20 04:14 PM

Thanks windbreaker. I thought that was what Dennis was referring to but wasn’t sure. Have you done any fishing this week? Have any reports? The
Posted By: Windbreaker

Re: RC sandbass - 11/09/20 04:34 AM

I have been fishing Texoma the last couple weekends. Being on Texoma is a first for me and I have done okay. I just recently moved back to Texas in aug. I love chasing white bass and hybrids. I fished RC for 3 years when I lived in Corsicana, but have not been back there for a while.

How have you done?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum