Texas Fishing Forum

401 Fish on Hubbard Creek

Posted By: RespectTheFish

401 Fish on Hubbard Creek - 10/17/20 02:16 AM

Just recently started to fish Hubbard Creek and loving every minute of it. Not catching lots of monsters like I do at other lakes, but the quantity is insane. Caught over 200 fish on my first outing last week in about four hours. Went out today for a second attempt and kept track of how many we caught. Ended up with 401 in 4.5 hours. Absolute madness.

Check out the fishing report and youtube video for more info.

https://www.respectthefishguideserv...g-with-a-lisp-now-400-fish-hubbard-creek
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: 401 Fish on Hubbard Creek - 10/17/20 04:12 AM

thumb
Posted By: prosise

Re: 401 Fish on Hubbard Creek - 10/17/20 12:55 PM

That is just mean... You can't be showing video's like this.. I am not going to get a darn thing done today at work after seeing this.. Thanks allot....

Wow, great job and really appreciate you sharing the video..

Prosise

Re: 401 Fish on Hubbard Creek - 10/17/20 01:55 PM

roflmao
Posted By: gborg

Re: 401 Fish on Hubbard Creek - 10/17/20 03:30 PM

Nicely done Clay !! Lots of fish feeding for the winter.
Posted By: DJTripleR

Re: 401 Fish on Hubbard Creek - 10/17/20 07:37 PM

Do yo\u always fish with a spinning reel. While I can fish with one I sure hate to use one when slab fishing

Re: 401 Fish on Hubbard Creek - 10/17/20 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by DJTripleR
Do yo\u always fish with a spinning reel. While I can fish with one I sure hate to use one when slab fishing

That is all I use for several reasons. A) It feels better to hold the rod in my dominate arm when a fish hits and letting it do the fighting B) I have left handed people that go with me sometimes and easy to make it accommodate them. C) there is no bird nesting that occurs with bait caster reels especially in the hands of clients. and D) who doesn't love the sound of drag peeling off when you hook into a big fish!
Posted By: DJTripleR

Re: 401 Fish on Hubbard Creek - 10/17/20 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by RespectTheFish
Originally Posted by DJTripleR

That is all I use for several reasons. A) It feels better to hold the rod in my dominate arm when a fish hits and letting it do the fighting B) I have left handed people that go with me sometimes and easy to make it accommodate them. C) there is no bird nesting that occurs with bait caster reels especially in the hands of clients. and D) who doesn't love the sound of drag peeling off when you hook into a big fish!

I understand the client thing but to say that my Calcuttas won't scream on a big fish is not correct.

Re: 401 Fish on Hubbard Creek - 10/18/20 02:29 AM

Are those big reels? I use baitcasters for blue catfishing and yes they can scream with baitclicker on but the bass fishing style reels I tried never would. Regardless I like using spincast over baitcasters
Posted By: pop r

Re: 401 Fish on Hubbard Creek - 10/18/20 03:18 PM

Awesome time! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum