Texas Fishing Forum

Which one of these lures is best for vertical jigging in late fall?

Posted By: Catfanman

Which one of these lures is best for vertical jigging in late fall? - 10/16/20 01:01 AM

[Linked Image]
Just out of curiosity which one of these would do best in late fall like november
Posted By: Jeff Schiller

Re: Which one of these lures is best for vertical jigging in late fall? - 10/16/20 02:18 AM

Which ever flutters the slowest.
Posted By: prosise

Re: Which one of these lures is best for vertical jigging in late fall? - 10/16/20 02:46 PM

Or run a second jig/plastic above the spoon to give them another target. Dern fish in my area are in a looting pattern, they come in and then gone after a short while. The fish I have been finding are really herding the shad shallow and pouncing. But as above, which one flutters the best is a good response. I have been bass fishing and when I cross paths with them I will hit them hard, then back to the big bite.. One thing that is common with all the recent groups I have found is they are in sandy, gravel, or on rocky areas. If It is a silted bottom part of the lake, nada..
Posted By: skeeter61

Re: Which one of these lures is best for vertical jigging in late fall? - 10/16/20 04:41 PM

The complete silver one on the right. One of my favorites.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Which one of these lures is best for vertical jigging in late fall? - 10/16/20 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by skeeter61
The complete silver one on the right. One of my favorites.

Same choice for me.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Which one of these lures is best for vertical jigging in late fall? - 10/17/20 01:56 AM

All of them should work. I switch a lot till I find what they are hitting that day.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Which one of these lures is best for vertical jigging in late fall? - 10/17/20 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by prosise
Or run a second jig/plastic above the spoon to give them another target. Dern fish in my area are in a looting pattern, they come in and then gone after a short while. The fish I have been finding are really herding the shad shallow and pouncing. But as above, which one flutters the best is a good response. I have been bass fishing and when I cross paths with them I will hit them hard, then back to the big bite.. One thing that is common with all the recent groups I have found is they are in sandy, gravel, or on rocky areas. If It is a silted bottom part of the lake, nada..

Same thing in my neck of the woods
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Which one of these lures is best for vertical jigging in late fall? - 10/24/20 06:34 PM

All just depending on where and what fish targeted, I use them all, my main fishing partner likes the larger ones mostly. Me the middle sizes unless on Texoma, then go big, the Kansas or P-Line 2-3oz Slabs.
Posted By: Tin Boat

Re: Which one of these lures is best for vertical jigging in late fall? - 10/28/20 02:52 PM

Sorry to hijack Catfanman, but can you or anyone else tell me where to get the all silver holographic slabs pictured near the top right?
I though RSS or TNT made them, but have not been able to find them online.
Posted By: cobryan: OB'S Guide Service

Re: Which one of these lures is best for vertical jigging in late fall? - 10/28/20 04:50 PM

Tin Boat, RSR has them back in stock
Posted By: Tin Boat

Re: Which one of these lures is best for vertical jigging in late fall? - 10/28/20 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by cobryan
Tin Boat, RSR has them back in stock

Thanks cobryan, I just went on there & ordered some!
Had been looking for them for a while and gave up, when I saw the pic of them on this post I had to ask, thanks again!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Which one of these lures is best for vertical jigging in late fall? - 10/29/20 02:10 AM

#3 coolio
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum