Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Creek Report

Posted By: Laner

Cedar Creek Report - 10/06/20 08:13 PM

I love the fall, and I really love fishing during the fall. Between the beautiful weather and aggressive fish, I don't know that there's any time of year I like to guide more than in October and November. Although we have a lot of folks call us for crappie, we still take out several customers who just want to get a nice mixed bag of "whatever is biting best". Over the last few days, we have found our sandies in 10-18ft in very large numbers on the Spillway Hump and Tennis Court. A really good plan B location is the Game Warden's Hump.

To start the day off, we are catching them on 1/2 ounce White Shad slabs tandem rigged with White Hot Thump Chubbies, both from Constant Pursuit Outfitters. We will ride this pattern out until they get picky, then switch over to the famous Hell Pet rig if we need to. The quality of sandies is as good as it always is on CC, and as the water continues to cool off, the big magnums will start to show up in large numbers. We are now running two, 24ft center console Blue Wave boats, which has opened up some spots on the calendar. If you would like to join us, we would love to have ya!

**For what it's worth, the crappie are on main lake brush piles in 10-18ft.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Cedar Creek Report - 10/07/20 12:10 AM

Great post - thanks for sharing.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Cedar Creek Report - 10/07/20 02:33 AM

Solid post and fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: bob76

Re: Cedar Creek Report - 10/08/20 04:41 PM

Nice job Laner...can hardly wait until the 26th!
Posted By: gborg

Re: Cedar Creek Report - 10/09/20 01:28 PM

Yes sir , thats catching.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum