Texas Fishing Forum

Shoutout Cornerstone Bait & Tackle

Posted By: Anejo

Shoutout Cornerstone Bait & Tackle - 09/27/20 03:46 PM

There's a small bait and tackle shop in Whitney on Hwy 22 about 1/2 mile from the intersection with 933 heading toward the damn. It's called Cornerstone Bait & Tackle. Not many privately operated bait and tackle stores left in business anymore. I stop there often for perch and minnows, I like to fish with live bait. The man that ran that shop died last July and his wife is now running the place. I encourage anyone needing bait or last minute tackle on the way to Whitney to stop by. I just like independently owned and operated businesses, I hope they can stay in business.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Shoutout Cornerstone Bait & Tackle - 09/27/20 07:44 PM

Always a good thing to support local small businesses . thumb
Posted By: coastal confession

Re: Shoutout Cornerstone Bait & Tackle - 09/27/20 11:55 PM

How well do perch do fishing for stripers? I’ve always used shad. Just wondering
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Shoutout Cornerstone Bait & Tackle - 09/28/20 12:05 AM

Depending on the day they will take one or the other and occasionally both shad or perch.
Always good to help small business people. Thanks for your post.
Posted By: prosise

Re: Shoutout Cornerstone Bait & Tackle - 09/28/20 01:55 PM

I absolutely love walking into a business like this. Really takes me back to the time when I was a kid. We had a brand we would call them when referring their business. ""Good People" is all you had to say to someone, and that was the reference of approval. Hopefully the fishing will keep them going, lake reports have been positive. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: Shoutout Cornerstone Bait & Tackle - 09/28/20 09:02 PM

They are great people and I try to support them as much as possible. You would be amazed at the variety of tackle they have there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum