Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Bridgeport

Posted By: VIP Fishing

Lake Bridgeport - 09/25/20 10:04 PM

Been spending a lot of time in the area. Will soon strap up the boat and venture on the lake. I don’t want to know about spots, I want to see if I can find em on my own.
My question is, are there hybrids and or Striper in there?
Also, if anyone has been fishing it lately, has it been fishing good?

Thank you in advance!
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Lake Bridgeport - 09/26/20 01:44 AM

The TPWD record page has hybrids but does not have striped bass.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Lake Bridgeport - 09/26/20 03:54 AM

Hybrids and sandbass. No stripers. Some people are catching a few occasional hybrids. The population is coming back after the floods a few years ago. I can’t comment about numbers recently since I haven’t fished it much this year.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Lake Bridgeport - 09/26/20 07:07 PM

Austin, PM Holzer on here. Chad lives in Boerne now but lived up there a long time and fished the lake a lot. He knows you and the Hubbard guys.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Lake Bridgeport - 09/27/20 01:46 PM

Matt Kinder dba ,Kid Striper, fished Bporte a little one a week ago. We have fished there since the late 90's. Seen some stellar days especially when the aerators are working . Dead sticking in main lake in the winter has been great for sandies with a few pepper Hybrids mixed in.

The most recent trip produced very few fish, some tank drum and a few sandies. Tear shaped silver and white one ounce slabs worked best a one ounce egg sinker with a two foot tag line and a # 12 pet spoon worked like the Mepps caught a few. No hybrids . Fish are moving fast , the bait appeared at 25 ft and disappeared at 32 . Thermocline still present .
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Lake Bridgeport - 09/27/20 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by jbobo
Hybrids and sandbass. No stripers. Some people are catching a few occasional hybrids. The population is coming back after the floods a few years ago. I can’t comment about numbers recently since I haven’t fished it much this year.

They all managed to make it into Lake Worth and the Trinity. I've caught the occasional hybrid in both, over the years, but after this last big flooding early in the year, I have caught tons of little hybrids in both.
Posted By: Piscivore

Re: Lake Bridgeport - 09/27/20 04:41 PM

I've caught a couple of Bridgeport hybrids in Eagle Mountain. Never caught one in Bridgeport but tend to focus more on crappie there.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Lake Bridgeport - 09/28/20 12:00 AM

Yep if you fish downstream from Bp you’re gonna catch hybrids occasionally. Almost as often as you can actually fishing BP. Lol
Posted By: gborg

Re: Lake Bridgeport - 09/28/20 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by z289sec
Originally Posted by jbobo

They all managed to make it into Lake Worth and the Trinity. I've caught the occasional hybrid in both, over the years, but after this last big flooding early in the year, I have caught tons of little hybrids in both.

Glad you recognize the difference , most anglers keep short Hybrids !!
Posted By: G Love

Re: Lake Bridgeport - 09/29/20 04:46 PM

Hit or miss on Hybrids. Some days many, some days few. Been that way for the last couple years. Shad seem a little difficult to find more times than not, for me. Side note- Buddy of mine shattered the record last year but didn't record it. 13 and some change.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum