Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine ?

Posted By: Mike S.

Palestine ? - 09/22/20 07:07 PM

I'm going to make a trip up to Palestine this weekend. Haven't been on the lake since the dead middle of Summer last year. Planning on launching on 155 since its the closest to where my family lives. What kind of patterns should I expect the whites/hybrids to be on? Down here around lake houston they are in a pretty typical later summer pattern chasing shad schools and pushing them to the surface. Birds are giving them away every time. I was just curious if I should focus on looking for them shallow early like we are down here or if I should be looking more at main lake points, humps, etc. Don't have a ton of time on the lake under my belt, but hopefully I can apply some general knowledge, read a map, and find a few good ones.

Mike
Posted By: ATM97

Re: Palestine ? - 09/24/20 02:18 AM

Well this summer the live bait bite on Palestine was awesome, however the last three trips couldn’t find any fish in those same spots. Changed over to fishing for crappie until dead stick season and actually started catching some hybrids that were roaming around main lake brush piles which is typical for early fall pattern. Eventually in a few weeks they will consistently get shallower in 8-12’ on a few south end points before going deep when water temp starts really dropping. Have been graphing the few shallow fall spots I know and they just haven’t been there yet. Good luck and post a report if you find any.
Posted By: Mike S.

Re: Palestine ? - 09/24/20 02:51 AM

Thanks for the info. Will definitely let you know if I stumble across anything worthwhile.

Mike
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum