Texas Fishing Forum

PSA: Check the box

Posted By: Holzer

PSA: Check the box - 08/31/20 03:13 PM

Monday Morning PSA

Check the box to make sure that you got ALL of the fish before you put the boat up for a week. Especially when it's August sick

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Flip-n-go

Re: PSA: Check the box - 08/31/20 03:42 PM

GGGAAAAAAGGĢGGG
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: PSA: Check the box - 08/31/20 04:07 PM

Look at all that live bait for bluegills.
Posted By: Coachzee

Re: PSA: Check the box - 08/31/20 04:28 PM

sick

Re: PSA: Check the box - 08/31/20 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by SteveStrasemeier
Look at all that live bait for bluegills.

Ha! The thought did cross my mind to try to use that "bait" for some crappie fishing.
But as I reached down into the box..... barf
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: PSA: Check the box - 08/31/20 06:53 PM

sick
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: PSA: Check the box - 08/31/20 07:52 PM

whip
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: PSA: Check the box - 08/31/20 08:33 PM

You getN rusty, Holzer, rooky mistake grin and need to get back to the normal groove fish again
Posted By: MilesHunter

Re: PSA: Check the box - 08/31/20 08:33 PM

Oh my... bolt
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: PSA: Check the box - 08/31/20 10:30 PM

Just.......noooooo ! barf
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: PSA: Check the box - 08/31/20 10:46 PM

Ugh. Have done that more than once. Especially when it's dark.
Posted By: Phantom Fisherman

Re: PSA: Check the box - 09/01/20 12:20 AM

I can smell that through the pic! Don’t ask me how I know😳
Posted By: JWC Nauticstar

Re: PSA: Check the box - 09/01/20 01:17 AM

ugggg! Sell the Boat!
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: PSA: Check the box - 09/01/20 01:22 AM

That’s not good. cyclop

Re: PSA: Check the box - 09/01/20 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by SeaPro-Todd
You getN rusty, Holzer, rooky mistake grin and need to get back to the normal groove fish again

I will neither confirm nor deny this statement.

smile
Posted By: HumanSeine

Re: PSA: Check the box - 09/01/20 08:27 PM

you are not the only person to do this. i cleaned a cooler of catfish and somehow left one in the chest. that ice chest entered the trash bin quickly when i discovered error. things happen when you are hot tired and ending a long day of fishing. sorry it was a livewell!
Posted By: ML56

Re: PSA: Check the box - 09/02/20 03:54 AM

Clean it out rinse, and pour a bag of oak charcoal in it, duct tape plastic to top edge of box to seal it off. Let it set a week or two and
go clean out charcoal, should be manageable to be around. Do not ask how I know roflmao
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: PSA: Check the box - 09/02/20 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Osbornfishing
That’s not good. cyclop

Re: PSA: Check the box - 09/02/20 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by ML56
Clean it out rinse, and pour a bag of oak charcoal in it, duct tape plastic to top edge of box to seal it off. Let it set a week or two and
go clean out charcoal, should be manageable to be around. Do not ask how I know roflmao

Interesting. Never heard of the charcoal thing. I'll try that if the "memory" of the fish is still lingering after a week or two.
Down here in the San Antonio area, my technique is to let this sun bake out the stink. That or throw a McDonalds meat patty in there to act as an air freshener.
Posted By: flogORfish

Re: PSA: Check the box - 09/03/20 08:28 PM

That or throw a McDonalds meat patty in there to act as an air freshener. [/quote]

Ok...I literally laughed out loud at this one! You know...how you can't get that smell of french fries out of your truck if you left some in there for an hour in summer!
Posted By: Fromprektofishing

Re: PSA: Check the box - 09/05/20 03:34 AM

That was my exact thought! I think if I tried cleaning that up, I would end up making a bigger mess! sick

“Sell the boat!”
Posted By: ML56

Re: PSA: Check the box - 09/05/20 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Holzer
Originally Posted by ML56

Interesting. Never heard of the charcoal thing. I'll try that if the "memory" of the fish is still lingering after a week or two.
Down here in the San Antonio area, my technique is to let this sun bake out the stink. That or throw a McDonalds meat patty in there to act as an air freshener.

If you've heard of scent lock suits, you have heard of it, activated charcoal. Also works when freezers loose power / get unplugged,
and everything starts to rot before you catch it. smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum