Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma 7/24

Posted By: jbobo

Texoma 7/24 - 07/30/20 12:12 AM

Last week one of my good friends and I did our annual guys trip to catch some Texoma stripers. I lost a buddy bearing on my trailer on the way up. It broke off flush with the hub face so I couldn’t replace it. I finally found the right hub to replace it so we could get on the road. We had a cabin at little mineral marina and trolled umbrella rigs around grandpappys Thursday evening. Marked a few fish but only landed one about 19”. We decided to let it grow some more. After the mechnical issues earlier I was ready for what my buddy calls a “tea”. Crown and seven went down good after getting back to the cabin. We were at the dam at daybreak waiting for the topwater that never happened Friday morning. Went to tabletop with the boat show then to Preston point and found a good school. Landed two nice 20” + fish and watched a guy park on the exact spot we had hooked up. Being a nice guy I moved on and let him have them. Went to burns run that evening and caught a couple good fish on umbrella rigs. Saturday morning I met a fellow guide from Oklahoma at washita to deliver his new Bobo’s Thumper. I found some good fish on the sonar at the end of washita point slabbing, but those turned out to be bluecat and a 12 lb carp. We enjoyed our down time and companionship. Looking forward to next time.
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Texoma 7/24 - 07/30/20 01:02 AM

Nice report! I was there Saturday as well and there were tons of blue cat for sure! I probably marked schools of 100+ at times. They seem to like thumpers as well but we’re in the 12-15” range... I picked up 2 overs and a box on live bait but nothing trolling...
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Texoma 7/24 - 07/30/20 03:06 AM

Nice post. thumb
Posted By: Timmychanga

Re: Texoma 7/24 - 07/30/20 11:25 AM

Glad you were able to recover from a trailer incident and catch fish.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Texoma 7/24 - 07/30/20 12:51 PM

Good to know you are still around Jeff. haven't seen a TFF thread from you in a while . Nothing like mechanical problems, vehicle or otherwise to make your trip one to remember .
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Texoma 7/24 - 07/30/20 03:41 PM

Sounds like good times Bobo cheers
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Texoma 7/24 - 07/30/20 10:04 PM

I haven’t been running many trips this year. Between backhoe work and building thumpers I’ve been pretty busy. I’ve been shipping to 25 states lately and been needing to fish more. Thanks for the comments sirs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum