Texas Fishing Forum

Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see

Posted By: RANDY WOOD

Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/15/20 03:22 AM

Connor our Coast Guardsmen was home on leave. So we took off for Port A.
Ok seas the first two day and Snapper limits came fast. Monday was pretty bumpy so we didn't go as far.
We caught our limit but they were smaller than the fish we caught further offshore.
Found one large patch of weeds. It had one plastic bottle floating in it. Ran a bait under it thinking dorado or ling.
Big dam shark. It took three of us to whip him and 1:20 min to touch his back.

Yall can do this if you try
![Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/15/20 03:32 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/15/20 03:38 AM

Nice fish, congratulations! Sharks can wear you out for sure!
Posted By: gborg

Re: Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/15/20 12:00 PM

Those are some great Red Snapper , Randy. How did you get them to live in PK ?
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/15/20 12:27 PM

Excellent!
Posted By: Ocelot

Re: Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/15/20 01:56 PM

Nice job.
Love the shark.
Posted By: PBrain

Re: Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/15/20 02:07 PM

Thanks to Connor, and the Wood family, for his service! Part of our nation's finest!
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/15/20 02:21 PM

Great report. The shark looks like a sandbar shark (Carcharhinus plumbeus). Sandbars were protected several years ago and have become so abundant it is hard to fish some areas without catching several. I call them extreme bait stealers roflmao
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/15/20 02:29 PM

Randy: Good thing you got that big boat. That shark ain't no joke.

Glad your catching some fish. PK has been tough on me this year. Seeing a lot of throw back stripers but no keepers. Hope all things going well for you. Looks like you had a fun day.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/15/20 02:30 PM

Awesome trip! cool
Posted By: Z71

Re: Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/15/20 02:31 PM

Nice. Looks like lots of fun

Re: Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/15/20 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by PBrain
Thanks to Connor, and the Wood family, for his service! Part of our nation's finest!

[Linked Image]
Ill pass that on.
We are proud of all our kids!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/15/20 11:41 PM

Nice fish. thumb
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/16/20 03:00 AM

Yep! Nice pescados! thumb
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/17/20 12:35 AM

Lots of fun!!!
Posted By: pop r

Re: Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/18/20 01:30 AM

Awesome job guys! cheers
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/20/20 05:23 PM

Randy, you didnt want to jump in to get a close up picture with that shark?
laugh

Looks like lots of fun and some good eating!
Posted By: bob76

Re: Something different I wanted my Striper fishing friends to see - 07/22/20 03:35 PM

Big red snapper fan...good eatin!....shark...not so much. Love Port A and surrounding area. Nice pics and thanks for the post. "Knee deep in the water somewhere..." comes to mind when I think of Port A.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum