Texas Fishing Forum

What type of slab for Texoma?

Posted By: SafetyMike

What type of slab for Texoma? - 07/15/20 12:57 AM

Hey fellars!
If I'm fishing artificial's I am usually fishing for Largemouth and typically live baiting for the stripers. However, I am really intrigued by the drop and burn concept of slabs. I am looking to buy into some of them to try, but there are so many! I assume they all fall or flutter different or so on. But just one or two good body styles for this summer action is what I am really needing help to figure out on. Any guidance would be awesomely appreciated !
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: What type of slab for Texoma? - 07/15/20 02:48 PM

I have killed them on 3 oz bomber slab spoons in silver or fluorescent yellow. Strike king sexy spoons in 5 1/2 inch will also work. I have threatened to take some of my 10 oz offshore jigs to give them a try, but I haven’t done it yet. Let us know how you do.

It is often hard to catch them on artificials when shad are around. Sometimes they don’t want spoons, so take some 5” swimbaits as a back-up.

Re: What type of slab for Texoma? - 07/15/20 10:48 PM

Awesome info thanks a ton ! Those companies should give you a kick back because I just ordered a few of each haha !
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: What type of slab for Texoma? - 07/16/20 03:07 AM

Just let us know how you do. thumb
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: What type of slab for Texoma? - 07/16/20 07:01 PM

Chartreuse usually the go to but chrome,blue & white all have their moments
Best deal is MT pockets but we use all different kinds like Reaxtion,fish eye,bomber,ole uglies,Kansas and silver dollar to name a few smile

Re: What type of slab for Texoma? - 07/17/20 12:09 AM

Thanks brotha ! It seems striper lures vary just as much as bass lures !
Posted By: RossF

Re: What type of slab for Texoma? - 07/17/20 01:34 PM

I am a fan of the Reaxtion slabs....he has a variety pack that will get you (12) assorted slab styles and colors. Also, you can order the Prune Picker type slabs from him as well in a variety pack. Those Prune Picker type slabs seem to be one of the 'go to' slabs on Texoma.

Re: What type of slab for Texoma? - 07/18/20 08:45 PM

Thanks guys ! The order has been made! I appreciate the responses and guidance !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum