Texas Fishing Forum

Slab color for Whitney stripers?

Posted By: Fish Tracker GS

Slab color for Whitney stripers? - 07/15/20 12:13 AM

Headed to Whitney Saturday morning with the family. Any slab or artificial bait/color advice would be helpful! Not sure we will be there in time to catch shad? I have two kiddos to try to get up and on the rd by five! Lol. Thanks for any help offered!!!
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Slab color for Whitney stripers? - 07/15/20 02:53 PM

I use storm wild eye in chartreuse. Silver shad colors will also work.
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Slab color for Whitney stripers? - 07/15/20 05:45 PM

I was there with my son last night and we got into a huge school for over an hour, but nothing over 18". Caught them on 3.25" Rage Swimmer in Pearl color.
Posted By: Fish Tracker GS

Re: Slab color for Whitney stripers? - 07/16/20 03:23 AM

Thank you!!!
Posted By: Ckolar

Re: Slab color for Whitney stripers? - 07/16/20 03:36 PM

I dont leave the house without white, chartreuse, and a 8" chrome flutter spoon. I make long casts and let the reel spool to the bottom. Then rip it real fast about 10 cranks... hit the button and let it free spool back to the bottom... then repeat. I have had them.hit it both on the fall and on the crank.
Posted By: me and the boys

Re: Slab color for Whitney stripers? - 07/16/20 06:23 PM

I always said any color on Whitney works as long as it’s green.

But this last year I’m with chad we have to try em all. Personally the big flutter spoons have been the ticket.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Slab color for Whitney stripers? - 07/20/20 09:38 PM

For whitney old norman color #29/129 khaki/green/orange
Posted By: Ckolar

Re: Slab color for Whitney stripers? - 07/20/20 09:42 PM

We were out for a bit yesterday and got into a thick school of undersized striper near Towash. You could catch them as fast as you could on shad, but the only artificial I could get them to htt was a 6" Lake fork flutter spoon. It is a pretty iridescent chrome color.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum