Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Waco

Posted By: shellj22

Lake Waco - 07/14/20 02:16 PM

Headed from Hico friday to Waco Lake and need safe boat launch site recommendation

TIA
Posted By: FlyFX

Re: Lake Waco - 07/14/20 03:30 PM

Curious about this also and fish / lake condition report
Posted By: learnin to fish

Re: Lake Waco - 07/14/20 07:38 PM

Speegleville/Twin Bridges just off HWY6 is a good spot and is the closest to Hico. The ramp just south of the lake off HWY 6 is a good ramp as well.

Struggled to find fish Saturday morning. They sure weren’t on structure like they normally are. Did OK on Thursday evening but really had to hunt for them.

Re: Lake Waco - 07/14/20 10:22 PM

thanks! and one time i believe I read where the lake has a bubbler by the dam, is it still in operation?
Posted By: learnin to fish

Re: Lake Waco - 07/14/20 10:34 PM

The bubblers are still by the dam. After one of the big floods a couple years ago 3 of the 4 bubblers were moved real close to dam and only the one that is out deeper is productive. I usually don’t have trouble finding white bass on structure in the summer but the north wind and rain we had last week messed things up for a couple days as did the full moon. I would bet that fish are back on structure right now. Look in 15-25 FOW on top and sides of structure. Old dam and old HWY 6 roadbed will be your best bet.

Re: Lake Waco - 07/14/20 10:46 PM

awesome thanks; i am in 195 tracker if you in the neighbor hood fri or sat come by and say hello
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum