Texas Fishing Forum

Richland Chambers report

Posted By: Ckolar

Richland Chambers report - 07/10/20 09:13 PM

is anyone on e willing to give ma a quick report on Chambers. We making a weekend trip there and plan on chasing whites and hybrids. We havn't been over there since mid march. I know the typical areas and structure but what water depth are they working and can I find shad in the back coves on the big end of the lake?
Posted By: Gone Fishin'

Re: Richland Chambers report - 07/11/20 07:54 PM

Little bit of Top Water White Bass action most mornings on the South end of the Lake, but nothing consistent from day to day. Heard the Live Bait Guides are finding it tough on the Hybrids but we don't Live Bait fish so I can't confirm. We're fishing up the Creeks on Points and Humps in 15'-20' FOW for all our Whites. Also heard there is some last hour of the day Top Water schooling on the 309 Flats. It's about as tough as it gets most days and then you'll have an easy limit on one day and think it's back to Springtime type action. NOT....won't be great action again till next Spring. bang Hang in there and you'll get enough for a Fish Fry! Good Luck!
Posted By: BOZZ

Re: Richland Chambers report - 07/12/20 12:00 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were there crappie fishing last week and came across a huge school
of top water whites. They were kind of out in the middle
of the lake, south of Pelican island. We stopped and caught several then
went on about our way.

Good Luck,
Bozz
Posted By: Z71

Re: Richland Chambers report - 07/12/20 12:09 AM

Wow!!!

Re: Richland Chambers report - 07/13/20 07:29 PM

Thanks guys!

We had a pretty good trip. Saturday morning was good. We caught a few hybrids on shad but the bite was slow. nothing like I have experienced in the spring months. Then the whites came up close to us on the flat and we chased them with the trolling motor but over an hour. I got tired of it and sat back and watched my 12 yo son on the front deck killem on his little spook.
Sunday was a completely different story. Got completely skunked. Nothing on the shad, and we did find small top water schools but they were gone as quick as we would get on them.... but all in all it was a great trip.
I do have to say that RC much be just packed full of smallish threadfin shad. We marked bait everywhere and you could catch as much as you needed in a couple throws in the cove where we were staying.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Richland Chambers report - 07/13/20 07:54 PM

Where did you stay? I like that lake, not near as much traffic as some others in north texas and I'm sure the size helps, it used to be really really desserted but every year more houses and docks are going in, a good drought will slow that down.

Re: Richland Chambers report - 07/13/20 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Where did you stay? I like that lake, not near as much traffic as some others in north texas and I'm sure the size helps, it used to be really really desserted but every year more houses and docks are going in, a good drought will slow that down.

There are a couple of really nice places to stay on the big end of the lake. We stay at either Fisherman's Point or Fisherman's Cove. Both places are top notch places to stay and won't break the bank.
This trip we stayed at Fisherman's Point. Its a little busier place but has a swim area for the kids. The cabins are converted manufactured buildings. They are quaint but smaller than Fisherman's Cove where their cabins have a full kitchen. You can literally beach the boat right at the cabins at FP but at FC you have a covered floating dock. You can't go wrong with either place! PM me if you have any more questions. We take 3 to 4 trips there a year. Not that its too far to drive over in fish, but it is a nice short get away for the family.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum