Texas Fishing Forum

Pk

Posted By: bcbeyer56

Pk - 07/06/20 03:49 PM

Is there still a fish kill or shad kill on the north end? Is the fishing on the north end being affected fishing wise?
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Pk - 07/06/20 05:34 PM

No fish kill. I've not fished the north end this year. It's best in the spring but it was muddy up there all spring. Fishing is pretty hard down lake. Night fishing has been the only thing working for me.
Posted By: Andrew Murphy

Re: Pk - 07/07/20 05:00 PM

i've seen more pressure on PK this year than ever before. Looks like Covid has created a huge demand for outside recreation. DFW lakes have been heavily trafficked, causing the fisherman to look for calmer waters, which they can find on pk in the skinny fingers. There hasn't been a weekend since April that i've gone to my normal spots and haven't seen a fisherman in the cove. That being said, fishing has been tough for me, but i'm sure someone has figured em out. I can only go out on the weekends, so no idea what week days are like.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Pk - 07/08/20 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by bcbeyer56
Is there still a fish kill or shad kill on the north end? Is the fishing on the north end being affected fishing wise?

Yes, moderate Golden Algae bloom from Rock Creek , Sky Camp to Costello. Read some previous intel from TFF.
I have a cabin in Sky Camp , the fishing has died since mid May.

People are self quarantined onto lakes . PK is loaded with people all week, the weekends are a zoo.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum