Texas Fishing Forum

White basshave have a question for you Livingston fisherman.

Posted By: mg64

White basshave have a question for you Livingston fisherman. - 06/29/20 12:10 AM

I mostly lurk but have a question for you folks that fish for whites on Livingston. Can you still fish for them by watching the birds during the summer? My Dad took me years ago and we caught a bunch doing this. I have seven Grand kids and would love to get them in on this action!
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: White basshave have a question for you Livingston fisherman. - 06/29/20 03:09 AM

Looking for surface schooling fish is hit and miss - mostly miss on Livingston. We caught them consistently along Old 190 roadbed. Trolling it with a hell-pet should work good for kids. Working slabs on the bottom at the ends of the submerged bridges along Old 190 should also work. I personally use inline spinners (Mepps #2 and #3 plain Aglia silver) reeling them up from the bottom at ends of submerged bridges after I marked fish on my scope.
Posted By: Chris Richardson

Re: White basshave have a question for you Livingston fisherman. - 06/29/20 02:07 PM

Livingston is fishing great this year. There is a pretty consistent surfacing bite taking place at Pine Island and the mid lake area around Indian Hills at daylight right now. Best on weekday mornings with less pressure! The surfacing bite should continue through July.

We are catching limits + every trip if you want to take it easy, but I don't think you'll have much of a problem catching them yourself either. Good luck putting the grands on fish!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum