Texas Fishing Forum

Night Pier fishing CC

Posted By: FishinAg02

Night Pier fishing CC - 06/26/20 10:15 PM

I remember 15-20 years ago night fishing docks all the time on Cedar Creek. It was always a blast! But if I recall, it was really good in May and early June and the night bite would disappear come middle/late June. But I’m working off of memory here.

Do any of you dock fish at night at CC? I used to focus on docks on star harbor or other deep water docks. It was always a blast.

Also, my memory says that all docks used to have light at night. I was cruising around the other night and it seems that a lot of people turn their lights off... has something changed there?

Thanks!
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Night Pier fishing CC - 06/27/20 03:55 PM

Most docks still have lights. However, in my sub-division the bright xenon type floodlights at the far end of the dock are discouraged in favor of dimmer, more aesthetic looking lighting.
Posted By: M Smith

Re: Night Pier fishing CC - 06/27/20 04:08 PM

I've had some epic nights in July, August, Sept. A lot less lights now, most of the high pressure sodium lights are gone, there are still a few, fish them along with any bright lights shining down into water. Look for underwater lights, the big hybrids love them
Posted By: csmithag95

Re: Night Pier fishing CC - 06/28/20 04:01 AM

nope. no fish under the docks, they are all gone :-)
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum