Texas Fishing Forum

lewisville help

Posted By: felix3

lewisville help - 06/17/20 08:27 PM

hit a rough patch at lewisville cant seem to find the hybrids or sand bass been going to all the spots that have paid off in the past but just one or two at each spot haven't seen anyone else tearing them up either any suggestions
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: lewisville help - 06/17/20 10:23 PM

The only place I could find them last week was the Gravel pits.
Posted By: oakpointaggie

Re: lewisville help - 06/17/20 10:39 PM

Im experiencing the same thing.
Posted By: Mark C

Re: lewisville help - 06/18/20 03:28 AM

It's been slooooow this last week.
Posted By: rkd

Re: lewisville help - 06/18/20 03:00 PM

I was bass fishing end of last week in the Cottonwood Creek arm and there were a ton of sandbass on most of the points around the mouth of the creek.(main lake end) The first 3-4 points on the south side of creek had roving schools of sandbass chasing shad on top. And the couple of points just before you get to the creek (so more main lake area) also graphed big schools. I accidentally caught a few and they were on the small side but maybe the bigger ones were following below?? Also, the second smaller cut in the old dam (NOT the main cut) as I was going through there were literally hundreds of 3-5 inch shad jumping out of the water in the wake of the boat. Reminded me of those asian carp videos. My graph was almost blacked out with shad. I'm not saying there were sandies mixed in but they had to be close!
Posted By: stumpknocking

Re: lewisville help - 06/18/20 03:30 PM

It has been a big change in the last two weeks. Got skunked Wednesday. Like you I tried all my go to spots and found nothing. Two weeks ago we would get tired of catching fish:)
Posted By: oakpointaggie

Re: lewisville help - 06/19/20 05:40 AM

Tried all my go to spots tonight in the wind. Only managed 3. I could find small groups but they wouldn't hang around and where not really interested in my slab and jib combo.
Posted By: Mark C

Re: lewisville help - 06/19/20 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by oakpointaggie
Tried all my go to spots tonight in the wind. Only managed 3. I could find small groups but they wouldn't hang around and where not really interested in my slab and jib combo.

Well I was going to go tonight, but between the wind and your report I'm staying home.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum