Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville Trees

Posted By: oFishalBusiness

Lake Lewisville Trees - 06/15/20 05:02 PM

It's been a long time since I've fished Lewisville. Because I knew there were trees in the middle, I used to run up the East or the West side of the main main lake only. I would watch out for the two telephone poles on the West, and stay relatively close to the shore on the East side. And I would only cut across the lake by the dam, or north of Hackberry point. I've been seeing boats run right across the middle, from the 121 cut to the old damn cut through. Is this safe now, but only because the water is up??? I would like to safely run out and fish the gravel pits.
Posted By: Mark C

Re: Lake Lewisville Trees - 06/15/20 05:36 PM

In 1988 the Corps raised the lake level 7' and that submerged all those trees in the main lake. You can pretty much run the main lake anywhere now. When the level drops 3-4' below normal, you'll see a few of those old trees start popping up, but they aren't a problem when the lake is at normal level.
Posted By: oFishalBusiness

Re: Lake Lewisville Trees - 06/15/20 07:12 PM

Where did the "extra" telephone pole go at Twin Poles? Did it get hit?
Posted By: SangerCrappieMan

Re: Lake Lewisville Trees - 06/15/20 08:33 PM

Yes, there was a boat running through there one night and did not see it. Now there is only 1.
Posted By: Mark C

Re: Lake Lewisville Trees - 06/16/20 12:28 PM

The South pole is sti!l there. You won't see it until the lake is low. I have it marked and I'm mindful of it when I'm in that area.
Posted By: SangerCrappieMan

Re: Lake Lewisville Trees - 06/16/20 08:33 PM

Someone stuck one of those big construction barrels on top of it now. Made it a little better to see.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum