Texas Fishing Forum

Possum Kingdom PK

Posted By: DaBankFishamen

Possum Kingdom PK - 06/04/20 06:10 PM

Fellow anglers,

I’m going to a bachelor party at Possum Kingdom in the middle of July, going to be HOT.
We have access to a pontoon boat and plan on doing a lot of fishing from Friday - Sunday.

If anyone can please provide some tips, points, etc in a PM, that would be awesome! I am not trying to steal anyone’s anything. I’ve only been to PK once and we fished the spillway.

I’m the primary fisherman of the group and want to do my best at providing fun on the boat and tight lines!
Posted By: BendaRod(WC)

Re: Possum Kingdom PK - 06/04/20 11:36 PM

I would suggest getting a guide the first day out there. That will help you out tremendously.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Possum Kingdom PK - 06/05/20 04:04 PM

Better get a guide. I fish this lake constantly during the warm months and PK can be tough. The water down lake is super clear right now. There's a ton of bait and it's hard to get fish to bite even with live Shad. I was fishing one of my favorite spots this week and was marking lots of fish from 15 to 40 feet. Could buy a bite with live shad. Started fishing the shad like I do minnows for Crappie around bridge pylons by letting them sit still for 10 seconds then reeling them slowly up a crank. I also started hooking them in the back to make them easier for the fish to catch. These fish are fat and happy and don't have to do much or move far to find food.This teasing technique was able to get me a few LM Bass, Channel cat and sand bass, but no keeper stripers. Caught a lot of throwbacks. Stripers over 18 inches are few and far between. I am averaging about one keeper a week and most of those are Hybrids. Lots of little ones but you probably are coming out to PK to catch 10 inchers.

The guides that fish this lake constantly will be your best bet for a good day on the water.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum