Texas Fishing Forum

Yellow bass catch

Posted By: HumanSeine

Yellow bass catch - 05/03/20 10:16 PM

Ok today I decided I was catching sandbass on lake fork. I did not catch any. Today I cleaned two gaspar goo,5 big perch, 5 yellow bass and 5 crappie. So I am going to try the yellow bass for the first time. If I am making a mistake please inform me? This past year I decided to cook a carp and it was one of the best fish I ever have had also the one with the most bones lol. So I decided that if God was blessing me with yellow bass or was time to try them. I gave had several guides tell me to cook yellow bass. So nothing ventured I guess. I will report back on flavor. As a side note I heard today that someone had bought most of the minnow distributors and after th he marina sales all they hot no more will be available for two months. I hope everyone I'd better with their cast net t hff an I am. The fish are definitely biting on lake Fork. I am aware that the crappie guides down at fork are bringing in big limits. So all is well surviving Corona on Lake Fork!
Posted By: Skeeter202c

Re: Yellow bass catch - 05/03/20 11:52 PM

Eat em. They are delicious and to me taste similar to crappie.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Yellow bass catch - 05/04/20 02:31 AM

thumb
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Yellow bass catch - 05/04/20 08:22 PM

I agree with Skeeter202C.
Posted By: medic911

Re: Yellow bass catch - 05/04/20 08:23 PM

Yellows are great eating. Seem to be catching more on fork this year than before.

I bought minnows the other day for kids. They were so small hooking them killed them.
Posted By: catfish

Re: Yellow bass catch - 05/04/20 09:26 PM

Firm white meat. I love them.
Posted By: SabineAndy

Re: Yellow bass catch - 05/05/20 08:49 PM

not sure what your going to do with the Goooo but those yellows are mighty tasty!
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Yellow bass catch - 05/05/20 10:36 PM

Caught these magnum 10 inchers a week ago on twok with Dennis Christian. My chef wife and son like em.

[Linked Image]
[/quote]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum