Texas Fishing Forum

Twok is on Fire!

Posted By: Southtxangler22

Twok is on Fire! - 05/01/20 07:02 PM

Twok is fishing crazy good! Shad spawn is on at Tawakoni! So when looking for fish start thinking shallow or top side of points. Top water splashing is happening periodically. That seems to be a right place at the right time. You gotta be looking for it to see it along side a bank with birds present. Seagulls are working hard to find them for you as well! If you launch at 2 mile bridge you don’t have to go far to find sand bass. I’m using a little George on the shallow 6ft it or less. 1oz slabs jigging or casting out. 10-15ft of water. Get out there and get them!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Skippy

Re: Twok is on Fire! - 05/01/20 10:34 PM

Thanks for the update. Heading there tomorrow and Sunday. Wind looks brutal.
Posted By: FishWrangler2

Re: Twok is on Fire! - 05/02/20 04:07 PM

Not today....wind was brutal. Went all around the lake. Had several spots look like this and we couldn’t as much get a bump:

[Linked Image]

How do you get them to bite in these scenarios?
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: Twok is on Fire! - 05/02/20 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Southtxangler22
Twok is fishing crazy good! Shad spawn is on at Tawakoni! So when looking for fish start thinking shallow or top side of points. Top water splashing is happening periodically. That seems to be a right place at the right time. You gotta be looking for it to see it along side a bank with birds present. Seagulls are working hard to find them for you as well! If you launch at 2 mile bridge you don’t have to go far to find sand bass. I’m using a little George on the shallow 6ft it or less. 1oz slabs jigging or casting out. 10-15ft of water. Get out there and get them!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I saw you launching from Two Mile on Thursday. 45 minutes after you left a huge school of magnum sandies pushed thru under the bridge for about 45 minutes. Everyone caught fish and out the 26 I caught only one of them was less than 12 inches. I had a blast.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Twok is on Fire! - 05/03/20 01:34 AM

Did you call 9 11? Lol. Nice!
Posted By: Southtxangler22

Re: Twok is on Fire! - 05/03/20 05:59 AM

When I was launching I knew there had to be fish close bc birds were circling everywhere around there. I had it in my mind where I wanted to go and start. I was chasing similar bird action down the lake and catching them on a little George again. I bet I ended up on the same school you’re referring to at the end of my day. I ended by the bridge on the east side with top water action and the pics of the side scan. The lake is fishing so good right now lol. Say hi next time. I’m in a little maroon tracker 16 v-guide.
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Twok is on Fire! - 05/04/20 07:39 AM

I have a camper on Fork, but was wanting to try and fish Tawok on my way out for the large sandies, hybrids, or striper. Done that before but it's been several years and it wasn't my boat. I live in DFW area so drive out quite a bit to Fork. If I launched at 2 mile if someone could PM me some good spots to try I'd appreciate it. Not something I'd do often as I bass fish most of the time so I wouldn't be hogging any or your spots and I am discrete. I could hire a guide, but I'd be hauling my boat out to Fork regardless. Probably be during a week day. If it's like Fork top water action is right before sunset.
Posted By: Zigzag20

Re: Twok is on Fire! - 05/05/20 09:23 PM

thumb
Posted By: Go-N-Slow

Re: Twok is on Fire! - 05/06/20 02:14 AM

Ohh how I need better grafs.....😩
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum