Texas Fishing Forum

Looks like Ray Roberts is in my future

Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Looks like Ray Roberts is in my future - 04/28/20 09:55 PM

Have been trying to take the kayaks out on Lewisville, as we live just a few blocks from the water. Unfortunately, the sheer volume of reckless powerboaters on the lake has made me decide that Ray Roberts is a safer choice for the immediate future.

I guess plan B is to replace the batteries on my boat, get it cleaned up, and start using it again, huh?
Posted By: oakpointaggie

Re: Looks like Ray Roberts is in my future - 04/28/20 10:18 PM

It was insane Sunday. I have never seen that many boats in over 15 years on the lake. We had one idiot come straight at me and my 8 year old daughter. I stood up with my arms out and then all the people on the front started yelling at the driver
Posted By: Flip-n-go

Re: Looks like Ray Roberts is in my future - 04/28/20 10:22 PM

Grapevine is worth a consideration also. Closer. Looks to be a long pleasure boat season with all the closed schools & business shutdowns. Bet your neck gets sore keeping the head swiveling.
Posted By: mickeytfc

Re: Looks like Ray Roberts is in my future - 04/29/20 03:42 PM

I've been going to Ray Roberts so far this year for the same reason. The boat ramp at Jordan Point on Sunday was crazy too, but manageable. Once on the water it was fine. I know Lewisville a lot better, but it just doesn't feel worth it right now. Maybe during the week.
Posted By: carb

Re: Looks like Ray Roberts is in my future - 04/29/20 04:41 PM

Pulling the half day tomorrow and headed out to ray bob tomorrow afternoon. That’s the only day this week the wind is gonna be laid down. Blowing 20+ all weekend. Any info if the spawn is over and the big ones are back in the main lake?

Re: Looks like Ray Roberts is in my future - 04/29/20 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Flip-n-go
Grapevine is worth a consideration also. Closer. Looks to be a long pleasure boat season with all the closed schools & business shutdowns. Bet your neck gets sore keeping the head swiveling.

It may be closer in terms of miles, but it's faster for me to drive to RR. And Grapevine still has more pleasure boat traffic than RR does.

Yes, my neck does get stiff & sore. The big hazard we ran into last time I took the kid out was huge boats throwing big wakes. Inconsiderate ******* people.
Posted By: JWC Nauticstar

Re: Looks like Ray Roberts is in my future - 04/29/20 07:59 PM

Went to Grapevine last Wednesday. Put the boat in the water at Katie Woods High Water Ramp and there was no parking. Had to reload the boat and go wait in line at Farris Branch. Looked like 4th of July, but on a Wednesday after work.
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Looks like Ray Roberts is in my future - 04/29/20 08:38 PM

Sounds like crappie fishing is also on your near future. smile

Re: Looks like Ray Roberts is in my future - 04/30/20 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Holzer
Sounds like crappie fishing is also on your near future. smile

No objections from me. Elusive little buggers as far as I'm concerned, but they're tasty.
Posted By: DRY Fishing

Re: Looks like Ray Roberts is in my future - 05/01/20 03:29 AM

Went out to Lewisville with the family today. Didn't do any fishing. Tubing day for the kids. We put in at Little Elm park around 2:30 pm. The lot was almost full when we put in. We pulled out around 6 pm and it was completely full. Had a guy waiting on our spot when I went to back out. Crazy. Never seen that before.

Even so, it wasn't as bad on the lake as I thought it would be. But still a pretty bumpy day for my two little tubers. Even so, a beautiful day on the water. Just happy we were able to make it out there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum