Texas Fishing Forum

Pool

Posted By: Greg W

Pool - 04/20/20 08:16 AM

Anyone ever target white bass at Pool. I'll fish them when I stumble across them. Mainly just follow the birds when the sand bass run the shad up on the flats in the summer. Saw this happening 2 weeks ago down by the north end. Family was catching them every cast. I was doing good bass fishing so stayed on that. Where do they go when they aren't schooling? I usually just throw a 1.5 shad colored square bill when they are schooling. If they're deep are you throwing a slab like a bass caster? I have some hand made charteuse/white slabs that are heavy and you can throw a mile. Also have some flies to tie up higher to try and get double. What line strength do you use. As I use these rods for other work I generally have 12lb floro leader.

Any suggestions welcome.
Posted By: MilesHunter

Re: Pool - 04/21/20 02:02 AM

They are pretty easy pickings right now east of the lake ridge parkway bridge. They are on the edges of the creek channels in 20-35’. Chrome or white slabs with a fly or crappie jig on top of you want to double up. No need to cast at all. Just drop it to the bottom crank it up fast for three or four turns and let it drop back down to the bottom and repeat.
Posted By: tharp

Re: Pool - 04/21/20 07:46 PM

Which boat ramps are open on Joe Pool right now?
Posted By: MilesHunter

Re: Pool - 04/22/20 02:22 AM

Just the marina and Britton park.

Re: Pool - 04/23/20 05:41 PM

Thanks Miles. I was thinking about launching from Britton Park this weekend but read it’s very shallow in that area. Have you had issues launching from there?
Posted By: Bassman_78

Re: Pool - 04/24/20 02:50 AM

Pay attention to the area you're in and the time of day when chasing white birds. The pattern will repeat and you'll be able to nail down schooling points in between
Posted By: CamoKing

Re: Pool - 04/28/20 07:13 PM

Can you launch at Loyd Park??? Planning on going Thursday.

Re: Pool - 04/28/20 07:30 PM

Last I heard it was still closed. I think only Britton Park and the marina are open. Britton Park was very packed last weekend. Tons of jet fleas
Posted By: CamoKing

Re: Pool - 04/28/20 07:35 PM

I hate jet fleas.. no respect...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum