Texas Fishing Forum

Hello Cooper ?

Posted By: RiverRoad

Hello Cooper ? - 04/18/20 10:48 PM

I am wanting to make the drive to Cooper.

Does anyone have a report ? I know ramps have been limited with the SP closings but would like to take advantage of the reopen this week?

Any info is most appreciated!
Posted By: Patrick Fishman

Re: Hello Cooper ? - 04/20/20 02:05 PM

If the park opened up this week, Check the Cooper Dam area. It has been closed for a while now, and I can imaging how good it will be?

-P
Posted By: slim1

Re: Hello Cooper ? - 04/22/20 01:31 PM

Dam area still closed. Gates closed no water behind the dam. Ramps open. Saw one boat on the lake yesterday afternoon.

Re: Hello Cooper ? - 04/25/20 01:02 PM

Went out to the Tira ramp yesterday. You have to go on line and purchase a day pass to launch your boat. I was told by a state park official when you are not in your vehicle or boat you have to have on a mask. I told him I guess I'm going to catch it from myself since I was the only person in the parking lot until he showed up. He said it is a rule and tickets will be given. Like the police have nothing better to do.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Hello Cooper ? - 04/25/20 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by slim1
Went out to the Tira ramp yesterday. You have to go on line and purchase a day pass to launch your boat. I was told by a state park official when you are not in your vehicle or boat you have to have on a mask. I told him I guess I'm going to catch it from myself since I was the only person in the parking lot until he showed up. He said it is a rule and tickets will be given. Like the police have nothing better to do.

If a mask falls off in the parking lot and there is no virus to exploit the situation ... are the bass biting on Cooper?

Re: Hello Cooper ? - 04/25/20 04:33 PM

I got out there late and fished about an hour without a bite. I was largemouth fishing Don't know about sandies or hybrids. I was the only boat on the lake. The wind got to blowing pretty hard so I left
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Hello Cooper ? - 04/25/20 05:27 PM

I was planning on rolling this morning out of John's Creek but being in a 14 foot jon boat, I decided against it due to the gale force winds we have this morning. The shad have been schooling down by the dam pretty regular, birds are finding them. Finding and following the birds right now would probably make for some pretty good action. I live on the road going down to the dam on the Cooper end. I'll be reporting regularly.
Posted By: cml

Re: Hello Cooper ? - 04/29/20 12:32 AM

Went today for about 4 hours before wind picked up. Couldn’t buy a bite. Was the only boat on the water.
© 2022 Texas Fishing Forum