Texas Fishing Forum

White bass and rapids

Posted By: Bradley McCaw

White bass and rapids - 04/02/20 12:14 AM

So found a new creek today that had a ton of rapids, and up towards the top of the creek there were big fast moving rapids.. I was wondering when does a rapid get too much for a white bass?
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: White bass and rapids - 04/02/20 12:17 AM

Even if there are serious rapids, when the creek floods, it goes up and allows them to move up. Once it goes down they get trapped in the pools. I typically find most of my fish above and below them. Even in them if the water is muddy enough
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: White bass and rapids - 04/02/20 03:03 AM

Back in the '70s, I fished the rapids right below Texoma dam and caught a limit of white bass casting a #2 Mepps Aglia into the swift water from the bank and reeling back immediately.
Posted By: Riverrat9

Re: White bass and rapids - 04/03/20 02:10 PM

If it's more than 3" deep it doesn't matter IMO... They'll swim right up it.
Posted By: Bradley McCaw

Re: White bass and rapids - 04/03/20 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
Even if there are serious rapids, when the creek floods, it goes up and allows them to move up. Once it goes down they get trapped in the pools. I typically find most of my fish above and below them. Even in them if the water is muddy enough

That is my thought process after the last flood I abosolutely wore them out up there, now since its started to lower they've seemed to have disappeared. its probably 2-3ft deep up to a waterfall thats got about 1-2ft of water surging through
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum