Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni Sand Bass

Posted By: Skippy

Tawakoni Sand Bass - 03/17/20 04:28 AM

Is anyone doing any good with the sandies on Tawakoni? Today was my first trip in a couple of months. I tried 3-4 of my usual spring spots with no luck. It was early April last year when they turned on. I was hoping it would be a little earlier this year with the warm winter. Maybe not. I’ll be out there the next few days. I’ll update if I ever get on them.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Tawakoni Sand Bass - 03/17/20 04:35 AM

A lot of fish are up the creeks and rivers now with all that rain we got. I’d be looking up feeder creeks with current as soon as this rain settles a bit.
Posted By: Skippy

Re: Tawakoni Sand Bass - 03/17/20 04:59 AM

That’s what I figured. Not sure which creeks people fish out of Tawakoni. I’m researching now. I’ll try tomorrow. Not all of them are in the creeks - I was able to catch a few (along with a couple of nice hybrids) under some dock lights late tonight. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Tawakoni Sand Bass - 03/17/20 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Skippy
That’s what I figured. Not sure which creeks people fish out of Tawakoni. I’m researching now. I’ll try tomorrow. Not all of them are in the creeks - I was able to catch a few (along with a couple of nice hybrids) under some dock lights late tonight. Thanks for the help.

There will be fish in every single creek that has water and steady current.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum