Texas Fishing Forum

White Bass Run

Posted By: klbj2007

White Bass Run - 01/31/20 07:34 PM

I am looking to try my luck fishing the run around Chandler (Lake Palestine) on Hwy 31 this year. It has been a while since I have been in that area and have been able to fish it.

When is a good time to be there for the white bass run? In the past I have caught them late Feb / early March. Is this still good?

Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: k close

Re: White Bass Run - 01/31/20 11:22 PM

You've got nice weather this weekend. If I were in the area I'd be out there wetting line
Posted By: HBAng

Re: White Bass Run - 02/01/20 08:44 PM

I am getting ready to try this year as well. Late Feb and March are usually best times. I have been fishing there for the past 5 years or so. Seems like past 2 year have been worse and hardly any fish at all. i’ve heard different reasons including big kill off of white bass in lake Palestine with different causes. not sure of anything is true and haven’t confirmed anything for sure. maybe someone else can confirm. but i can say fishing there the past 2 years have been worse than 5 years ago when you catch all you can in just a few hours
Posted By: Jaybonnett

Re: White Bass Run - 02/02/20 01:02 AM

I’m getting after it next weekend in my area (Belton) and can’t wait! However, I’ll fish the river but closer to the main lake. I kayak so I’ll troll a 2xd square bill.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: White Bass Run - 02/02/20 03:43 AM

They will be in the creeks before long. 75 degrees on Sunday and rain coming in next week. Everything is looking good for the run.

Re: White Bass Run - 02/03/20 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jaybonnett
I’m getting after it next weekend in my area (Belton) and can’t wait! However, I’ll fish the river but closer to the main lake. I kayak so I’ll troll a 2xd square bill.

I am from around Temple so I know the area very well. If you can make your way to the log jam area up river they should be thick up there before too long.

Re: White Bass Run - 02/03/20 05:49 PM

Thanks for the info. I will have to make it that way before too long.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum