Texas Fishing Forum

Striper boat??

Posted By: HeathT

Striper boat?? - 01/21/20 11:22 PM

Since falcon doesn’t make boats anymore, what is the best brand for striper fishing now?
Thanks
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Striper boat?? - 01/22/20 12:23 AM

Any boat that is not sinking!

Blazer Bay make a similar boat to the Falcon if you want that style. I like fishing out of a regular bay boat personally.
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Striper boat?? - 01/22/20 02:27 AM

If I had the money it would be a black colored front console blazer 2400 with a 300 yammy on the back.
Posted By: J-Rods Guide Service

Re: Striper boat?? - 01/22/20 02:49 AM

The Blazer Bay 2400 has tons of room very satisfied with mine.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Striper boat?? - 01/22/20 03:06 AM

Nice ride J-rod! Blazers are a nice boat no doubt but REALLY love the falcons
Check this out. I’m not best at this stuff. North Texas Marine has it
[Linked Image]
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Striper boat?? - 01/22/20 03:10 AM

I don’t know how the blazer bays ride but every Falcon I have ridden in beat you to death
Posted By: SALLYSUE

Re: Striper boat?? - 01/22/20 11:50 AM

I have a Blazer and super happy with it
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Striper boat?? - 01/22/20 02:12 PM

I'm pretty sure the blazer hull is he same as the old Kenner hull. Ive ridden in both and they seem to ride well. The issue I see with the falcons is that they are not in business any longer so you are not going to find one less than 20 years old. Most you see these days for sale have been ridden hard... Most have been rebuilt and some look great but not fo the price people are asking (i understand the Blazers are expensive as heck). In my opinion they beat the heck out of you as well. I'll be saving my pennies for a similar boat as posted above by J-ROD. beautiful boat man.

Re: Striper boat?? - 02/05/20 01:56 AM

Still looking for the right boat for me. Price being a factor also.
Anyone fish out of pure bay 2400 or blazer bay 2420 gts?
Thanks
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: Striper boat?? - 02/05/20 04:38 PM

Heath, if your looking at Pure Bay's and Blazer Bays, might as well check out Sportsman 247's and 227's as well if you haven't already. I have a 227 and it handles everything great.

Re: Striper boat?? - 02/05/20 09:02 PM

I will look at the Sportsman. Thanks a bunch.
Posted By: StevoP

Re: Striper boat?? - 02/06/20 04:14 PM

If you are considering the Sportsman 247, you should check out the Robalo 246 Cayman also. I have a 2019 and could not be happier with ride and design. It meets all my fishing needs and as importantly... it exceeds my wife and family needs. No return trips to shore for bathroom breaks. Its got a 12" draft and 9' beam. The gunnels are a foot wide so you can walk on them. Over 100 gallons between 3 aerated and insulated livewells. Its rated for 350hp... I have the Yamaha 250SHO with jackplate and trim tabs... in good water conditions I've hit 48mph. This is my 10th boat and my first new boat. I had it rigged almost to the max also so Its a fish finding machine!.

Robalo246 Cayman
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Striper boat?? - 02/06/20 04:24 PM

Stevo, what lakes do you fish? I would love to see your boat.

Re: Striper boat?? - 02/06/20 04:43 PM

CHAMPION FISH, Tomorrow I'll be on the Brazos/Whitney launching at Kimball Bend. I live close to Lavon and use it often... this past Sunday morning even caught crappie in 35'. I love Texoma and Tawakoni. Plano Marine sells Robalo. I have a 12' Solix indash, Garmin Livescope, 112# Ulterra, and a 15' Talon.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: Striper boat?? - 02/06/20 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by StevoP
CHAMPION FISH, Tomorrow I'll be on the Brazos/Whitney launching at Kimball Bend. I live close to Lavon and use it often... this past Sunday morning even caught crappie in 35'. I love Texoma and Tawakoni. Plano Marine sells Robalo. I have a 12' Solix indash, Garmin Livescope, 112# Ulterra, and a 15' Talon.

[Linked Image]

Good looking boat Stevo
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Striper boat?? - 02/07/20 06:42 AM

Blazer and pathfinder make good boats, the composite hull is virtually indestructible if money and tow vehicle (wouldn’t want to tow something that size with less than a half ton with a v8) allows it I would stick with 22’ or 24’. I’m partial to the bay style center consoles and you’ll thank yourself if you go add a t-top and go on the higher end of a the horsepower rating (2 stroke, I’m not a fan of a car motor on the back of a boat) and put a 36v 100+ lb thrust tm on there.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Striper boat?? - 02/07/20 07:43 PM

Pretty boat and BIG boat too, Stevo. Boat made you look small. smile
There are many good choices out there that will fit your style and budget. Get a good 4 stroke thumb

Re: Striper boat?? - 02/08/20 04:29 PM

Thanks guys. It took me a year of shopping before I chose and rigged this boat. I love to fish and fish often and I have 9 grand children. The t-top is a $6200 option and worth every penny to my bald head. Why I went with the 250 SHO on this boat... The standard engine on the boat is the Yamaha 300ps. Its top speed is about 5mph faster than the Yamaha 250 SHO. However, the hole shot and acceleration on the 250 SHO is better than that of the 300ps. The 250 SHO is around 45 pounds lighter and cost around $4500 less. The 300ps has a stronger alternator and can come with digital shift/throttle controls to the helm. The 250 SHO four stroke is quiet, but not as quiet as the 300ps. If you intend to make long runs often, get the 300ps without a doubt. If you don't make long runs or you fish more smaller water bodies, the 250 SHO is a very good option economically... I put that $4500 savings into more options on the boat.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum