Texas Fishing Forum

Dead Stick Jig Head

Posted By: Curtis L

Dead Stick Jig Head - 12/26/19 07:50 PM

What type is best for dead sticking? I have two types that balance when I attach the fluke
Anyone have a favorite or could you point me in the right direction to buy a well balanced jig head for dead sticking
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Dead Stick Jig Head - 12/26/19 09:13 PM

MT Pocket tackle carries many for DS. Call and talk to Charlie. His prices and quality are good. My order just came banana
Posted By: Texas Grown

Re: Dead Stick Jig Head - 12/27/19 03:30 AM

One thing I have learned to do from crappie fishing the same technique (DS) is to pull the knot toward the back of the lead head. That will help keep the body in a horizontal position when down there. Or slightly tilted forward and down. If it's tied to the top dead center of the eyelet, it will tilt up slightly usually. The knot toward the front of the jig head eyelet will cause it to tilt way up like it's swimming upward. Horizontal is like a resting bait fish, waiting to be eaten. laugh

And I adjust the knot each time after pulling a fish in the boat. Cause the fish pulling will cause the knot to pull forward toward the front of the eyelet.
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Dead Stick Jig Head - 12/27/19 03:06 PM

try the ones from rsr lures. I am sure there are several people making the but I've found his to be a great product. I buy them unpainted. The ones you want have an eye on the top and the bottom of the jig head.
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: Dead Stick Jig Head - 12/27/19 11:31 PM

Screw lock 1-1.5 ounce jig heads by MT pockets!

http://stores.mtpocketstackle.com/screw-lock-dead-stickers-1-2-oz-2-oz-5pack/
Posted By: Curtis L

Re: Dead Stick Jig Head - 12/28/19 02:29 PM

Thank you all and Happy New Year
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum